Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

If fully admitted, the answer unfortunately is no. Have to take them at TAMU. But at NSC he can ask an advisor if he can take them in summer 23 at Blinn (likely not Rellis) Byran.

1 Like

Changing majors question - my daughter wants to change to Chemistry. She reached out to the advisor who wrote back a very nice email and instructed my daughter to submit via her Howdy under manage my application.

Has anyone’s student change their major and how long does it take to hear a result?

1 Like

Question about AP credits - besides financial aid, are there any other consequences to taking less than 12 hours? My daughter is admitted, and looking at her degree plan, she may fall under 12 hours if she chooses to accept certain AP credits. We won’t be taking financial aid, so would that be ok to have less than 12 hours?

If AO advises via AIS for your student to update at Howdy then it will be fast like within a week.

2 Likes

If future GPA is no worry, there is no need to follow the degree plan schedule. One can register sophomore classes. TAMU do want students taking at least 12 hours. Hold off claiming the AP credits and ask the advisor during NSC registration session.

3 Likes

@Musikalee listen to @FriscoDad. Do not accept any AP until meeting with advisor at NSC. Absolutely no rush.
Scholarships will require 12 hours, at least A&M scholarships, and probably outside, too.

1 Like

Will do, thank you both for the helpful insight!

2 Likes

Jeez it’s been busy on here.

Agree with not accepting AP credit til later. You have til senior year. No rush.

As for consci major taking classes at blinn… classes are offered at bryan and or rellis campus but not all. Check with your degree plan to make sure they’ll take those credits from blinn. Many students take classes at both campus during the regular academic year. Watch number of credits at Tamu if there’s financial aid involved.

As for change of major once accepted… should have access to it on howdy but email advisor first. If not accepted yet, don’t change anything. You can try afterwards by emailed advisor. My son did this with ag business to Econ.

1 Like

@OOState1 simply out of curiosity, why would he want to take classes at RELLIS? TAMU has flat rate tuition, so 12-18 hours are a flat rate.
Blinn is a community college, quite costly, if student doesn’t have permanent residence in Washington Co (Brenham, TX). Not sure what they charge for OOS? Keep that in mind, if wanting to save some $.

OMG, 7 tabs showed up this morning! I thought I’d be so excited…and I AM, but surprisingly now the wait to see the actual word admitted will be even harder!!! I’ve seen varying lags b/w tabs & actual admission. Should I be thinking this afternoon, tomorrow, Friday??? OMG, pinch me! My husband & I are both Aggies so this is extra sweet! WHOOP!!!

16 Likes

Congratulations! Everyone is going to wanna see your new Aggies stats though … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations and can join share the major?

Long wait is finally over! Accepted to Kinesiology today. Im not going to lie, A&M lost a little shine in the long drawn out process, and other colleges have been winning her over with $$, honors college, meeting other students. Now the hard part begins… so happy the waiting part is over though. The emails telling her to keep waiting, and review other options were a bit anxiety inducing to say the least. It all worked out in the end, so smiles all around this morning. Only 1 app left to hear from in Feb.

14 Likes

Does anyone know if it’s possible to add computer science as a minor at A&M? I know it’s “Impacted” for incoming freshman, but once you’re already there as a freshman, is it a simple process to add it? Is there a minimum GPA required to do so? Thanks!

1 Like

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/engineering/computer-science/minor/

@HGB1975

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/engineering/computer-science/minor/

1 Like

congrats! Ds’s admission letter/banner in AIS appeared the day after the 7 tabs in Howdy.

1 Like

Thanks! Any idea what the application looks like? Wondering about a minimum GPA to apply and at what point they add it? Can he add it at the NSC this summer before he even starts?

@HGB1975 no idea. I have a Mays kid, I simply googled it. You can ask at NSC, or you can probably find the answer on Google/A&M website.
Did you click ‘Program Requirements’?

Well we are losing hope. My daughter was accepted to Trinity, Tech, Baylor and many other nice schools with lots of Merit. GPA 3.98. Top quarter assigned by A&M. 3 sport Varsity. Academic All state for running, Latin awards, club. NHS, Math National HS. Held down a job. Tons of volunteer hours. Theater 2 years. Wanted to join the Corp. Haven’t heard anything but the email to look at other options. Applied mid August.

2 Likes