Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter got 7 tabs this morning. It doesn’t show major yet. Still says under review. How do you find out what major she got. We are so excited over here!!! I can’t thank y’all enough for all the help and info you have shared. Best day!!!

7 Likes

Yes, I interpret that as the requirements needed to graduate with the minor, not apply. I am hoping for clarity before we accept at TAMU, as I’m a little nervous about all the noise around kids NOT getting the classes they need to graduate on time.

If you navigate to “My Dashboard” and then click “Overview”, it likely will show you the major admitted to. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

@HGB1975 can’t help ya there. I do know most classes for minors at TAMU are online.
I never hear or see chatter about minor in anything Engineering, so truly have no idea. I’m sure there’s someone to ask.

2 Likes

I realize that I am being WAAAAAAY impatient here seeing as the tabs just showed up this morning, so please forgive me. My son is super excited and wants to share his news, but wants to wait until it’s officially official. I’m seeing this on his Dashboard under Overview and it looks pretty officially official even if AIS isn’t updated yet. Also, this would suggest to me that he got full admit because if it was Gateway it would show Summer 2023 and if it was Blinn Team it would have changed his major (because I don’t believe Forensics is offered through Blinn Team if I remember correctly). Am I evaluating this all correctly? Thanks!

5 Likes

I’m not sure why it won’t post my image/screenshot! UGH!

1 Like

Sorry, a screenshot would be better, but here’s the info on his Overview:

Curriculum Information

Bachelor of Science

Level

Undergraduate

Program

BS Forensic Inv Sc (Lower)

Admitted

Fall 2023 - College Station
FR - Freshman

Catalog

Fall 2023 - College Station

College

Agriculture and Life Sciences

Campus

College Station

Major

Forensic Inv Sc (Lower)

Major Dept

Entomology

General Information

Class

Freshman 0-29 Hours

Status

AS - Active

Student Type

N - New First Time Freshman

Residency

R - In-state Resident

First Gen

No

Site

Texas A&M University

First Term Attended

Last Term Attended

Expected Graduation Term

Veteran

No

Athlete

No

Honors Cohort

3 Likes

Is it a good idea to take math 140 and bio or chem at Blinn? I’m a FIVS major and I struggle in math but need a high GPA for law school. I’ve heard from family members at TAMU to take classes you’re not strong in at Blinn for smaller class sizes.

1 Like

If NSC advisor approves you taking them in summer 23 may be ok. But it is better not to assume that Blinn is easier.

2 Likes

that’s how my son’s looked as well. I think you are good. I know it’s hard to wait for the official update in AIS but we celebrated off the screen you listed above.

1 Like

@GpPsych Blinn isn’t cheap, and not necessarily easier. Many other WAY cheaper & easier community colleges/junco’s around the state.
Law school will require all college transcripts, so be very mindful of what you take; I wouldn’t want a huge community college transcript to attach with my law school app.
If your major builds on math & science, I would take them all at A&M, for the best foundation.

1 Like

Don’t lose hope! Those are solid stats.

What major did she want? She may get in, but not receive her top choices. And if not full admit, maybe she’ll get Gateway which sounds awesome. Hang in there.

1 Like

Just wondering, has anyone who has been notified yet been rejected? Or have all the notifications so far been for acceptances/alternate pathways?

I have an update. My daughter now has several tabs in Howdy and major is showing Blinn Team. We are thrilled!

Stats top ~30% , several Pre AP, Honors classes but no college credits. Applied test optional originally but sent in SAT scores anyway. Scored 1110 on SAT. Several extracurriculars some with leadership positions. Lettered in cheer and choir. Works as a Competitive Gymnastics coach for past couple of years.

12 Likes

Is your student test optional? What major?

January is still early, a little over a decade ago the deadline of application was March 1st. Top private schools still have decision dates in March and April.

The alternative pathway email is automated and sending out every mid January. Some majors if offered Blinn are very friendly and save a lot of money. Second review is underway and majority of admission is between now and mid March.

3 Likes

The google adsense tracking link suggests that those who received the automated email were actually rejected/deferred from the second review. Note the content query in the link is “Waiting on Decision 3”

Not that it suggests the final decision will be rejected/deferred, but it suggests they won’t be receiving an acceptance/alternate pathway during this second review.

1 Like

Google adsense tracking link has a track record of 65% error. So don’t read into that.
The email is really sending out to all who haven’t received a decision. Including those who receive acceptance this morning, and every day between now and mid March.

3 Likes

Good to know.

My son got that email and got his 7 tabs this morning.

6 Likes

@FriscoDad We can feel confident in the Dashboard/Overview info above (& 7 tabs) is “officially official” even before AIS updates, correct? I also noticed that NSC registration is open to him as well! (Haven’t checked housing b/c we already have him set up at Callaway.)

5 Likes