Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My sons application type changed to Blinn team and he has the 7 tabs in the Howdy Portal and it says Blinn team Under degree planner.

Is this a good sign that he was selected for Blinn team? My apologies for my ignorance. My other child went to a small private school and TAMU is so different.

8 Likes

@Klewis23 congrats on Blinn TEAM! If A&M is the top school choice, then he’s been accepted thru a pathway…which IS considered full admission (can live on campus, have a sports pass, rush sororities & fraternities). Yay!

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM#:~:text=What%20is%20Blinn%20TEAM%3F,a%20community%20college%20(Blinn).

1 Like

Even though he still says under review it likely means acceptance? His counselor at school was unsure so I came to search while he was in class :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ChristiR93 or @FriscoDad can verify for certain.
But he got 7 tabs today?

he has howdy, applicant, my dashboard, my finances, student life and my howdy …
In the HOWDY portal…

3 Likes

How are you able to register for NSC if it shows under review still in AIS ? My daughter got 7 tabs this morning. It also shows on Dashboard overview her major and all. Thank you.

We are in the same boat over here and I am the one that filled out his SRAR and I’m sure all the math and science credits are there. Plus I check DS’s email to make sure he doesn’t miss anything. My son doesn’t have quite as many AP’s, but I think he has 7 and he uploaded his AP Scholar with Honors certificate. He applied early August.

I am just impatient I guess, but I have definitely lost hope at full admission.

Yes it is acceptance for Blinn Team unless TAMU made a massive error which is not likely.

Blinn team button selection has changed this year after years of confusion.

1 Like

It says “Blinn Team” is her major. When she applied she put Business as fist choice and Communications as second choice :slightly_smiling_face:

OMG DD just IM me saying she missed an A&M email in October saying she was short one science credit. The email subject line was not serious enough just saying “please review your courses requirement…” but everything was green check in AIS. She was in waiting list in AP environmental science at her high school but eventually got the class. She said she could not update SRAR anymore, what can she do?

1 Like

Congrats! What was your son’s major / intended major? THX

That was my son’s first and second choice… still waiting patiently.
Congratulations!

1 Like

Ask a question in AIS with clear subject “AP Environmental Science not added to SRAR due to waiting list back in August”. Be courteous in writing as it is extra work for AO. Have it in writing in AIS is more important. Response time is usually within 24 hours. There is no need to call AO now as they are overwhelmed and January is still early to fix this.

You can unlock and resend SRAR but it is not that important now.

If TAMU asks that back in October, it is likely your student already got full admission in first review but pending resolution on this issue. Hopefully by tomorrow you will have good news!

6 Likes

So with Blinn Team admissions starting to go out does that mean that they are finishing up with full admissions?

Best of luck to your son! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes
  1. Biology
  2. Sports Management
2 Likes

Blinn Team Biology is very doable, save a lot of money. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Just called Admissions in regards to my son’s College of Engineering application. “With over 60K applications, we’re nowhere near done…through March.” Prayers will continue! Congrats to those that already got their 7 tabs!

5 Likes

Good to know. Explains why they haven’t even started offering alternate pathways yet.

My daughter applied to Mays back in August and today she has all of the tabs. It is showing as undeclared college and general university in College Station. What does this really mean? She didn’t select a backup major when she applied.

1 Like