Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Check if the semester is Summer 23, it may be Gateway

It shows Fall 2023.

@Anjuan someone else got that last week. I would have your student contact Admissions and get clarity. There’s a huge difference between University Studies and General Studies majors.

University studies
https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/arts-and-sciences/university-studies/#text

General studies is one the the TAPs
https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/General-Studies

1 Like

If my daughter put Allied Health as her 1st choice major and Kinesiology as her 2nd choice and they are both full, does that mean she has no chance to get in at this point?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure TAMU will send her a list of available majors to choose from if she is admitted

2 Likes

I was accepted to A&M in December to the college of arts and sciences but I was wondering what A&M acceptance rate actually is because online it states that it is 59% but based on stats and admissions that I see it seems like it would be much much lower? Is it that high because of alternative pathways?

3 Likes

It is that high because of the auto-admits. Every kid in a public high school who is top 10% is accepted, so that is a lot of kids who pump up the admission percentages. It gives a skewed view of how difficult admission is. For holistic kids, I suspect the acceptance rate is much lower.

1 Like

My daughter’s choices were the same, although reversed, and heard back just today and full admission. I don’t think they are full yet.

2 Likes

Thank you for all of your input it has been helpful. She is asking me if it’s to late to switch majors…:sob:

1 Like

Admission office is correct, if they want to admit student they can offer a different major. If offer TEAB definitely take it. Industrial Distribution is one of few very doable via PSA with an unusually high 89% success rate.

Below is the PSA transfer sheet
https://admissions.tamu.edu/getmedia/64f373c5-41f2-4000-850c-4a1ce8000234/IDIS-PSA-Course-Sheet.pdf

@kcoug26 aren’t y’all OOS? Is A&M still on the list, or has she moved on to other schools?

From what I’ve seen, heard, and researched, I “think” holistic admit rate is under 50%, but I’m not sure of exact numbers. I’d guess somewhere between 35%-50%. I believe it does include alternate pathways, which also makes it hard to pin down.

1 Like

You can research that in TAMU accountability report, the rate varies drastically at different departments. It includes Gateway, Blinn and TEAB but not PSA.

2 Likes

I wish they would post exact numbers and break it down to what that includes so the books/websites/blogs wouldn’t have just one very misleading admit rate of 59%-63%!

The accountability report is definitely helpful, but some of those numbers were also off based on our conversations with the specific dept. I think it has last year’s holistic rate at approximately 46% for what it’s worth.

Actually, that may have even been from 2021. I don’t have it in front of me at the moment.

Agree, google is not your friend when college planning.
TAMU accountability report states last cycle holistic review for Mays was only 13%, while holistic Economics in CAS was 63%. So if one just looks at the overall average it can be very misleading.

3 Likes

Yes, OOS. Taking a few days to celebrate and let the dust settle, but yes TAMU is still one of her top choices. Unfortunately we dont have unlimited funds, so we will have to weigh many considerations. 13/13 so far with Merit/scholarships at all that have posted.

2 Likes

@kcoug26 thats awesome! 13 for 13! Very impressive!! Always great to have choices!