Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Mays has been full for a while. So 0% there.

If you haven’t heard yet, I’d say chances are less than 50% of full admission into ECON.

But your stats are solid (assuming your GPA is high at 13-14% and you took hard courses), so I’d bet you get at least Blinn Team or Gateway.

Admissions decisions are wild though - so who knows. My nephew just got full acceptance into sports management/statistics with a 1080 SAT but a high GPA (3.9). Very few AP/Honors classes. Small public high school in East Texas. We thought for sure he’d get Blinn or PAS, but were thrilled when he got full admit to CSTAT. And he heard last week - so there is still hope. Good luck!

3 Likes

My eldest son (high school class of 2021) had pretty much identical stats as you, fair amount of AP & Dual Credit, applied for Mays/Econ and got PSA in March of that year. He also has applied test optional.

Yes! I have 23 dual credit hours.

Thanks! I hope I hear soon. I’ve been getting really antsy about everything recently.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Are they still accepting AgBusiness? Or is it all full?

I called today and they said AGLS is not full yet - not sure if there are certain majors within the college that are full though

3 Likes

What is your dual credit gpa?

Well, Fall 2023 College Station is now listed in her howdy dashboard overview!!! Degree says Blinn Team… We wanted nutrition but we will take it!!! My last of 3 Aggies! Whew! What a ride! Hoping everyone is getting good news soon! Thank all of you for all of your help over the years for class of 2022, 2024, and now 2027! Whoop!

7 Likes

It was a 4.0, but after December I have a 3.85.

3 Likes

Did your kid get fill admission today?

Do you mind sharing stats? Mine applied for nutrition too and haven’t heard anything. Did you hear today?

Also, did you have a second major?

Her first choice was nutrition. Second choice was kinesiology.

We expected Blinn team as she had a challenging freshman first semester, but got her act together in the spring which covid caused those grades in our school district to not count leaving her ending her freshman year with her not so fabulous first semester grades. This one semester which ended up counting for the whole freshman year averages in our district sunk her gpa. She is in top 35% (2nd quarter in AIS) but in a very competitive 6A high school.

Hundreds of hours of volunteering (girl scout, church, zoo volunteer each summer), special olympics volunteer, peer assistance at school)
Several Mission trips
Girl Scout silver award
4 year varsity sport (now captain)
Multiple clubs
LIfeguard, Babysitting
Not so great sat, I think around 1200 (we did submit that)
Significant injury which took 9 months to heal and this experience drove her essay and choice in major.
6 AP classes
4 Dual Credit classes

4 Likes

I used someone else’s advice on here to check the howdy portal, dashboard, overview. The ‘7 tabs’ tip didn’t apply for her since she was accepted into A&M Galveston in November and has the 7 tabs already for Galveston acceptance. I just noticed the change in howdy with major listed as ‘Blinn Team’ but AIS hasn’t updated yet.

4 Likes

Thank you for giving me hope. My kid is almost identical fo yours but has Ag Leadership as second major i really appreciate all the information. Hope we got those tabs!

2 Likes

You are welcome! Hope you find out soon! Btw, my DS c/o 2024 is Ag Leadership with a minor in Business. Great path with lots of opportunities in Agriculture now and expected in the future.

5 Likes

My son was EA for engineering, still waiting….but wondering if he were to get TEAB or these other options, does it still show the 7 tabs first in Howdy? Trying to prep for what to look for. I’ve been noticing lots of decisions have been going out on Wednesdays…so maybe we’ll hear something tomorrow.

Hi everyone! Im getting super anxious and would love if someone could chance me!

Major: I’m applying to be an Education major for fall 2023.

Status: I’m an in state student applying for my freshman year.

Class rank: 79/701 (top 11%)

GPA: 3.9 (UW/4.0 scale) 6.4 (W… 6.0 scale)

SAT score : 1130 :grimacing:

Additional Coursework: DC English junior/senior year DC Government senior year. (Got A’s in all of these classes) Other than this just in honors math, science & history. The rest of my classes are electives.

Extracurricular Activities: -JV / Varsity dance team (freshman+sophomore year.)

-Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE) member + National Technical Honors society +
Wrestling team manager. (Junior)

-President of Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE) + National Technical Honors society (Senior)

Honors/Awards: 11th grade- Award of Excellence (for my commitment/academic achievement) in Instructional Practices. (Aka Teacher Prep) Only student to receive this award.

Additional info: (11th and 12th grade) Im in a class that goes to an elementary school for 2 class periods 3 days a week to assist with teaching a class.

Been meaning to ask @FriscoDad if any Engineering decisions have gone out yet or if he knows if the school is full, but haven’t just because I know it is next to impossible to get into engineering anyway if you missed the EA deadline.

1 Like