Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

That’s wonderful news. Thank you so much!

1 Like

will howdy update before ais?

1 Like

Theoretically yes. Because they set applicant up for student access first so Howdy will appear to change first.

My son also received the same msg in AIS as shown my @devratpatel, does this mean that the application to college station is denied. He is interested in AeroSpace and in 2nd quarter class rank with 1470 sat. Do we still hope for college station

Those options especially TEAB is considered full acceptance. Read through that in the TAMU sites.

All engineering has to go through ETAM to qualify for major. TEAB go through the same ETAM as College Station general engineering students. AERO is a competitive major no matter student at College Station or TEAB one has to aim for 4.0. TEAB has 6 hours at College Station and rest at Rellis building each semester.

1 Like

My daughter was also admitted holistically without test scores last week, but her major (business) was full so they put her in general studies to pick a major. She applied in late August.

1 Like

Have there been any acceptances today?

1 Like

To clarify, you are international student and applied early action to engineering and were just offered TEAB? Looking to see if regular decision engineering applicants have received any TEAB offers.

ughhhh this waiting is soooo hard.

2 Likes

my daughter applied last October, she is considered a Texas resident but attends boarding school in Tanzania, East Africa, she is doing the IB diploma, there is no ranking in her school and we didnt submit test scores, her ACT was not as she expected/ she did get accepted into NYU Shanghai but not enough financial aid so she declined that offer. she chose Allied Health as her major, she wants to pursue Nursing Career.

For Parents, Blinn Team is great. #1 its cheaper, #2 it requires your kid to maintain a certain GPA the first year if they want to come back.

2 Likes

Could someone explain gateway? Is gateway worse than blinn?

@Fj23 Gateway is considered the very best ‘pathway’! Very small program, must be offered. Students attend the 2nd semester of A&M summer school, take a couple specific classes, guaranteed full acceptance (as long as they meet requirements).

You can Google every pathway.

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

That sounds great!

1 Like

Gateway is fantastic!

Be sure you understand there’s a huge difference between ‘Blinn’ and ‘Blinn TEAM’. Blinn is a community college, that has a campus in Bryan.
Blinn TEAM is an A&M pathway, collaboration between the 2 schools.

Anyone can go to Blinn, simply a community college. Blinn TEAM program must be offered, can’t be applied for, students have very strict gpa & hours requirements, tuition is cheaper (since half classes are taken at Blinn), but students can live on A&M campus & have an Aggie sports pass.

There’s also PSA, it’s considered either a ‘soft rejection’ or a ‘blessing’-all depends on how one views it. PSA campuses are system schools, not Texas A&M. Limited major options offered thru PSA.

Galveston, McAllen & Qatar campuses ARE A&M campuses-same Aggie ring, Howdy portal, they’re Aggies.

If you haven’t received an offer yet, highly suggest googling all the options I’ve mentioned.

4 Likes

Sounds good! Thank you!

1 Like

If they are fully admitted to A&M can they still take classes at Blinn? Is there a downside? I did this when I went to A&M but things seem so different now.

For government and history, your TAMU advisor may say ok. And you may want to take them in your local CC during summer so you pay lower (or even free tuition). If you are not from Blinn you overpay CC credit hours even though they are cheaper than TAMU tuition.

Students nowadays still take at TAMU to boost GPA towards degree plan. Different game nowadays. For tough majors like BMEN, AERO and MEEN, students may want to save some easier core curriculum for the sake of full time status especially starting Sophomore year. (these majors are tough to even maintain a B)

1 Like

@Mdp5595 Blinn is super pricey, unless your permanent residence is in Washington Co/Brenham. I’d suggest take anywhere but Blinn! So many other WAY better options.

And remember if student plans on applying to law/medical/nursing/PA etc school, every college transcript is submitted, that includes dual credit.
Not looked upon favorably, to have a long list of community college courses, when applying to professional schools.

1 Like