Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Both sets of tabs show up on MyHowdy! Under Degree Planner, Campus is set to CS, but the major selected for Galveston appears. There is also no change of major reflected in the AIS for the College Station app.

Based on my understanding of Galveston’s relationship to College Station, my gut tells me it may just be because the two applications were to different majors, both technically within the Engineering school.

@Tee2 —that is wonderful advice and perspective.

1 Like

Thank you! This time last year, I never thought I’d be so happy. It is amazing how fast time is flying before I’m in College Station. I have also made great friends who are also PSA and will be in CS in the fall.

2 Likes

This means only accepted to Galveston at this time. My son’s did the same since Oct. until he had the option of “Fall 2023 - College Station” a few weeks ago with the “Overview” of the College Station major. (before that even when selected “Spring 2023 - College Station” he was only admitted to his Galveston major in “Overview”.)

1 Like

accepted today OOS

5 Likes

@2pennstater wow, congrats! Straight acceptance, Blinn TEAM, what major, stats??

@FriscoDad

my friend’s son has been admitted to general engineering (auto admit) and would like to request a change of major to business (Mays). Can you explain the steps to follow for major change for admitted students?

Mays is full, so changing to a major in Mays is very hard but it won’t hurt to ask a question in AIS to see if they can make an exception. They usually don’t consider the endgame until all students register for NSC.

Does anyone know if for the Spanish language placement test is still being offered online, or is it only on campus. When I try to register, it makes me choose a “site”. What exactly does that mean?

1 Like

@ilew2027 i doubt that is even open yet, for incoming students. You’ve got PLENTY of time.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for the information!

1 Like

Looking for roommate who is preferably Gujarati Indian and majoring in Business!

1 Like

So my son is still awaiting anything from A and M but got admission into University of Texas today into Petroleum Engineering. I don’t know what we should do…

6 Likes

@Vishnu_Patel you need to join Class of ‘27 Instagram page for roomie.

3 Likes

@SarahEleanor take the UT offer!! Direct admit, no brainer, fabulous program!

6 Likes

does my major being switched to engineering at blinn in howdy a good sign?

3 Likes

My DD got Team only, Waitlist or Team & Waitlist offer this morning! Public health is her major. Super excited!! We are OOS.

3 Likes

My son got the options this morning — Galveston, McAllen and Blinn (TEAB). @FriscoDad what do you think? Which is best option?

2 Likes

@FriscoDad @ChristiR93 What’s difference between Team only and Team only or waitlisted? Is tuition will be same between CS and Blinn Team for OOS?

1 Like

My PH major got Blinn Team, Team & Waitlist or Waitlist Only this morning. It says you have until March 1 to decide. She is leaning towards WL only, since she plans to go to nursing school after 2 years and TAMU nursing school is ridiculous to get into (64 per semester get in). The only way I see Blinn Team making any sense is if she goes to get a PH degree from TAMU first and then tries to get into a second degree nursing school for a second bachelors. I feel like that would be just to have a TAMU degree and be a lot more time and expense.

2 Likes