Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Do they communicate this by email, AIS or Howdy? Thanks

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience with the odds if choosing Waitlist only?

1 Like

Ours was on the main page of AIS this morning.

2 Likes

Found it in AIS. Don’t have 7 tabs.

2 Likes

Daughter received options as well this morning. She chose waitlist and TEAM. My question is whether at a minimum she will get TEAM? Anyone with experience of students in past years who received these options what is likely to happen?

Several of her classmates with lower qualifications were only offered Team but at least they have a guaranteed spot. It doesn’t make sense that we were not given the option to choose TEAM now as a guarantee?

2 Likes

Any of these getting options today engineering?
We checked AIS and no change, still “in review”

3 Likes

@ChristiR93 & @FriscoDad will explain it better, but for those who were offered TEAM, Wait List and/or both…check TEAM only!

1 Like

Please explain.

@bhebert449 both @ChristiR93 and @FriscoDad mention it OFTEN…you will receive an answer sooner if student selects ‘TEAM only’. Not all, but trend has been in prior years, those that select both options wait until March or April to hear, and it’s usually PSA option.
Your decision, but this has been the trend the last several admission cycles. And don’t wait to select either…TEAM and other options/pathways fill quickly.

3 Likes

Received options for Engineering in AIS this morning. 1. Galveston 2. McAllen 3. Blinn

2 Likes

My daughter as well, her major is Allied Health

1 Like

So yay, we’ve reached the option stage of our cycle. Whoop. For the majority of you, if Tamu is your goal/dream, chose Team only. If you would like to go to Tamu but don’t want to go the team route for whatever reason, play the waitlist/team option game since it truly won’t make a difference to you if you don’t get full admit.

Bottom line, if you would be happy going team, then pick it only. You’ll hear shortly (days or a week) that you’ve been accepted.

Those that choose both, shall wait. And wait wand wait. You’ll hear late March and possibly into April. Some will get full admit, a few could maybe get Team but most will get PSA based on the past few years. I don’t have hard numbers (that’s Frisco dads job!) but this is what we see every year.

As for TEAB/Galveston/McAllen. It’s all about where you want your first year to be. Most choose Teab but galveston is also a great choice.

3 Likes

Can I call and change my decision? I picked waitlist and team before seeing this.

1 Like

My son received options this morning (finally)!! He was given McAllen, Galveston or Engineering at Blinn. He chose Engineering at Blinn which I think is the same as TEAM but for engineering students. Can someone confirm this? Now we have to wait until the go from considering him to accepting him I guess. If he gets in, he can do Fish Camp, Rush, Sports Pass, etc right?

4 Likes

@TexAgCVEN92 that’s TEAB option.
Yes, can pledge a fraternity, attend Fish Camp. live on campus, get a Sports Pass, etc…considered full admission.

2 Likes

Call admissions and ask. Let us know what you find out.

If you pick anything with waitlist attached to it, it will take a long time (like until end of April) and there is a high chance not getting anything. Picking waitlist means you have other options (and you can wait).

Blinn is county based community college. So anyone outside the county will have to pay the same tuition (OOS definitely) and it is a lot cheaper the OOS tuition at CS. So for OOS, full time at CS costs a lot more than half at CS and half at Blinn.

2 Likes

Thank you @FriscoDad! How about scholarship options when you chose TEAM since we are dealing with two different systems? Please note that we are OOS and hence scholarship and aid makes a big difference.

TEAB is as good as full admission. TEAB lives in College Station like full time TAMU students. TEAB is cheaper ($2-4K savings in first year). Student take CHEM and MATH at Blinn Rellis and electives (core curriculum) at TAMU, so if you pick the right classes, it can have higher chance to get 3.75+ GPA in both campuses and first choice major in sophomore.

Galveston is also a good option, cost more (no Blinn level tuition), but Galveston has Comp Science that is the same degree as College Station. So it depends on your son’s goal.

Pick fast, the quota fills fast.

2 Likes

Thanks - very helpful!!