Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Any advice…son applied to College of Engineering. This morning he was given 3 options: TAMUG, McAllen, Eng@Blinn. Chose E@B. Now we wait as they “consider” him “for admission”. Any idea as to when we might receive a decision? Anyone else have experience with this route?

Thanks @FriscoDad! My son selected TEAB this morning over Galveston and McAllen. It now says he is being considered for Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn. What is the process to go from considered to accepted where Howdy is populated with 7 tabs and he can register for NSC, etc?

My son was given the Waitlist Blinn Team, Blinn Team, Waitlist option this morning.
He has already selected Blinn Team only. What is the chance he wouldn’t get Blinn Team? After selected it says this is not a guarantee. And if he does get Blinn Team how long do you have to wait to find out it’s 100%?

2 Likes

Scholarship option is the same as they treat TEAB as full admission. Financial Aid portal will start showing some Feb through June.

The ACH clearing service (Flywire) will offset TAMU tuition cost first, and Blinn will receive the rest of the money in Blinn portal. For Blinn be careful with the payment deadline, Blinn may extend the payment deadline so TAMU financial aid can flow through, but many parents went ahead pay the Blinn tuition (since 6 hours is only around $1300) so their students’ targeted classes won’t get accidentally dropped.

TEAM only - considered for TEAM. TEAM is a collaborative, co-enrollment partnership between Texas A&M and Blinn College. Due to coursework limitations, students with more than 40 hours of dual credit may not be a good fit for TEAM.

I am not fully understanding , if she accepts team only does this mean she has a chance to be accepted to Blinn or will they still offer Galveston McCallen? Her dream is to become a nurse which we have established is really hard to get into school of nursing anyway. She also got CAP at UT of Austin and got admitted to NYU Shanghai

We are still waiting on Baylor , UCLA , Loyola and Amherst MA and George Washington. She attends UWC in East Africa and doing the IB diploma , if she had stayed in Texas she would have been a direct admitt -

1 Like

In the past, only a few days or at most 2 weeks. Some even the next day. They have to say “still need to consider” because the offer is based on yield. Some choose waitlist will have to wait till the end of April. And Blinn Team can be full. Choose Blinn Team only if your goal is TAMU. If you have other colleges and TAMU is only a back up you can choose waitlist.

2 Likes

Just called admissions office. We were told selecting both team and waitlist is the best option and by selecting team only it does not speed up the process. We are so confused! Should we change to team only to have a better chance for admissions?

1 Like

@bhebert449 trust me…listen to @FriscoDad & @ChristiR93

2 Likes

Ahhh. I’m stressing so much and the day just started.

Since your student is IB, do not claim those credits in Howdy, then there is no worries of the 40 hours DC issue.
Galveston/McAllen is for engineering.
Blinn Rellis is at College Station, it is just a 15 minute shuttle ride from TAMU main campus. Your student take 6 hours at Blinn and 6 hours at TAMU for a year or two. With high GPA, your student can transfer to TAMU seamlessly.
Baylor is also a good option, make sure your student attends all their event as they announces big scholarships during the event. The rest of your college options are all good. Good Luck!

1 Like

At early stage can be the next day as they also understand housing can be approaching. (phase II). In the past between 1 day and at most 2 weeks if one picks TEAB only / Blinn only. Howdy will have 7 tabs and NSC will open.

2 Likes

I thought 3/4 of your hours were at blinn?

We are going to call back and change to TEAM only. Hope it is the correct decision

2 Likes

Do you think I’ll be able to call and switch since it’s only been a few hours?

Please let me know what they say!!

3 Likes

How do we do that ? How do we not claim those credits you mentioned? Sorry this is all so new to us .

1 Like

Thanks - your feedback is great and so appreciated.

2 Likes

Have you gotten to call?

1 Like

In the past, they won’t be able to change. Not sure about now. Good Luck!

@Murprasad going to be honest…unless your student is NM S/F, or has incredibly high stats, I wouldn’t count on any scholarship $…certainly not anything more than $1k maybe, esp since you’re OOS. The bulk of TAMU scholarship $ goes towards high auto admits, NM, or lower income identified Century Scholar students.
It would be really unlikely an OOS TEAM student would get much, if any. I could be wrong, but just being honest.