Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I don’t think anyone knows for sure. It seems like Team stays fluid for a few months as students accept and decline offers. There are people who even get full admit offers after accepting a Team spot, because spaces are opening up from kids making other choices. I haven’t heard of anyone being offered Gateway yet but it’s pretty small and that doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

2 Likes

I called and they said the only way was through “contact us” in ais. They said they can’t do it over the phone. :pensive:

not trying to be disrespectful but just don’t understand why not offer a guarantee of Blinn Team instead of forcing you to wait. Are the students who were offered Team only considered to be higher qualified than those offered the 3 options?

I think you’re focusing too much on the word “qualifications.” The others might have Qualities that A&M is interested in that have nothing to do with Qualifications.

2 Likes

Losing hope…my son is 1st quarter applied 8/3 and still nothing :frowning:

3 Likes

I hope she gets Team or Gateway! :pray: :pray: :pray:
Waiting is the worst. I was in your shoes last year.
Our son was Applied Aug. 9th, was in the top 15.8% at a very competitive 6A Texas School, Submitted test scores (1280 SAT), had 2 letters of recommendation, Resume, had a job since 16, played football, NHS, etc. He did NOT get into Mays. He got into Ag Business. He was accepted 12/6/21. His roommate didn’t get accepted until mid-late February…Sports Management.

1 Like

I know what you’re trying to say, but I still feel that those “qualities” are also “qualifications” because A&M felt those students “qualified” for a TEAM placement outright. Whatever they have, A&M wants on campus. End of story.

2 Likes

I was saying that to bhebert449 actually, not you. I fully agree with you. We can’t compare students based on the stats that we see in black and white because that is not the full holistic application. None of us are in a position to compare applicants.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t answer the original question. Is the three option criteria that includes wait list “better” than a straight Team offer?

curious on this as well, I understand what you’re saying

I don’t view it as better because it’s not a guaranteed entrance.

1 Like

I would much rather my kid have a TEAM offer in hand than a “maybe in two months we’ll let you know if you’re going to be in one of these three locations.” But that’s me.

2 Likes

Also, many people on here focus on stats because that is the overriding criteria that is considered for admissions. I understand the holistic review process as well. When referring to other students who received Team offers, I know facts about them that, in my opinion, would not make them higher qualified. White males from wealthy families with lower academic qualifications and no test scores submitted. This made me ask if the 3 option criteria was considered “better”

1 Like

Did you call (979) 458-0950?

Yes that is the number we called. We got in very early so they may now be pushing people to connect through the contact link on AIS like you mentioned.

straight acceptance. OOS. 4.0, 3 APs, Dual Enrollement. Applied for Forensic Investigative Sciences. Took a summer course at George Mason University for Forensics. On a Committee for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Horseback riding team, clubs, and more experience/work experience

2 Likes

So if you choose Blinn TEAM now, what happens if you change your mind before the May 1st decision day?

@FriscoDad

The admissions office is recommending waitlist and TEAM. And they also are saying that doing both does not mean a lower chance of getting TEAM.

This information is consistent with other resources on the internet like a Reddit thread.

However it is clear in this thread that your advice is exactly the opposite and choosing TEAM only.

This is not personal but this is just a question about data and accuracy:

What evidence do you have that shows that TEAM only is a better option than choosing both?

It would seem entirely unfair
( and also a broken admissions process) for someone to choose both only to have the TEAM spots fill up while they were waiting. If the answer is at the admissions process is broken and that it is just unfair then so be it. But making decisions based on data and not just what people think is usually a better course of action.

3 Likes

I know you are just looking for confirmation of which is better option. My thought is if it doesn’t make a difference, then why would they even give the option for TEAM Only?

2 Likes

The answer we got from students we know who were on both sides of this choice set last year is this: if you go TEAM only and get accepted, you can get in the housing queue and carry on with practical next steps. If you go Waitlist & TEAM, then you are not at an admissions disadvantage, but your extra weeks of waiting will put you far back in the campus housing queue. So while true there’s no admissions difference, there seem to be other consequences. I also spoke to someone on A&M staff today that confirmed there is no admissions disadvantage.

5 Likes