Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Still unclear why they offer TEAM only?

3 Likes

Just curious since UT waves went out yesterday and there are TAMU decisions being discussed here, opinions if it’s a bad sign to not have “tabs” yet? For context liberal arts major, then Econ at TAMU. I know it’s speculation to ask…. :slight_smile:

I know that some said not to send a mid-year transcript, but my daughter did a couple of weeks ago. Last week (1/25) they received her mid-year transcript which shows that her rank went up 1% as well as GPA bump up a bit and that she’s taking 4 APs including Chemistry (looks good because wanting public health). She also registered for Aggieland Saturday last week. Then today/Tuesday morning was offered the 3 choices. So continuing to show interest and sending a mid-year transcript showing a bump up could help if you are still waiting.

I think why TEAM Only is a choice is if they think starting at Blinn would be a better choice for them (easier? cheaper? smaller?) than getting full admission to TAMU. Some might prefer TEAM.

My daughter checked to be considered for both, so we will see if she has to wait longer. It says you must decide by March 1st or the choices will expire.

4 Likes

Admissions EVERY year says it doesn’t affect anything. And every year there are those that go against our suggestion of choosing team only and end up getting PSA. Some will get full admit. Few get team because it’s full by then.

Just saying, I’ve been doing this board for many years. Go back and read February through May in the past 3 years and you’ll see what we are talking about.

End of the day, do you. I hope it works out, I truly do. I just know what I’ve seen. And so will you when you read through the threads “I wish I would have known to go team only”. “Why would admissions tell me that?” “Omg I got PSA after waiting 8 months” etc etc.

13 Likes

My son got an offer for Galveston, McAllen, TEAB, (and one more- can’t remember) today. He applied to engineering only by September 15, listed by A&M as top quarter (probably top 12%), 1370 SAT, lots of AP and dual credit classes, moderate involvement in sports, super into engineering and coding but due to covid not a lot of official extracurriculars. It’s pretty shocking to me how tough it is to get into some of these programs these days! He accepted the TEAB “offer” (they are clear he is now only being considered for this). I’m hoping an official TEAB offer comes quickly. I have a lot of figuring out regarding what this means for housing, etc. His older sister had a straight admission to Engineering at TAMU, so this is a little new to me.

2 Likes

Aside from registering at both schools for classes, nothing will be different from your other kiddo! Congrats!

2 Likes

Yes! My DS AIS portal still shows “in review” with no other info. He plans to be an engineering major and wants to be in the corps. Sweating the wait!

@FriscoDad we are at the point of choosing the Engineering at Blinn option (TEAB instead of Galveston or McAllen). Is TAMU housing pretty well assured assuming S23 gets the offer to TEAB as expected?

Also, one other question, can a student complete all the math requirements for full transition to TAMU (2413, 2414 and 2415) in just one year at RELLIS/BLINN assuming MPE score is above 22? It looks like the highest math a student may be able to start with at RELLIS/Blinn is 2413 no matter the MPE score and, as a result two semesters may not be enough time to take all three (2413, 2414 and 2415) before a “full transition” to TAMU.

If that is the case (I.e., 2413 is the highest starting point and a student can’t get through 2414 and 2415 in that first year) I worry S23 won’t be able to do a full transition after the first year even if he gains ETAM and without a “full transition”. I further worry that without”full transition” certain classes may not be available to him at TAMU (or he may be a low priority admit to those classes) and this will delay his progress toward his degree until he completes 2415 at RELLIS.

STEALTH ACCEPTANCE

Today I was checking the portals to see if applications were complete. I enter the TAMU portal and see this …

Congratulations! You’ve been Admitted!
Welcome to the Aggie Family!

Never got an email telling me to check for status update. I have not seen an acceptance letter. Just seeing the message on the portal.

5 Likes

I have these exact same questions. I hope someone has the answers. I really don’t understand why that Calculus 3 requirement exists- seems to be a problem. I do understand that taking it the summer after the first year is an option many pursue- and then full transition can happen.

1 Like

I just wanted to thank the wonderful parents who volunteer so much information. I know you do this for free out of the goodness of your heart. Thank you!!!

10 Likes

My son was given the choices today of Team, waitlist or both.
He had listed Business as first option and Sports Management as 2nd option.
My question is, if he chooses Team outright (not both) and also switches his major to Sports Management first option (if that’s allowed) would that conceivably help his chances of potentially getting full admittance when spots open up?
I would think Sports Management isn’t as competitive as Mays.

UT for sure! Great program and you don’t have to deal with ETAM.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the information. My daughter also received the 3 options today. If you choose
“Consider Team only”, is it possible you will get declined for that? Then you would be out of options…

Yes, My son received the 3 engineering options this morning.

1 Like

I submitted the little request I was told to fill out earlier today to change to “Blinn TEAM only”. Do you guys think it’ll most likely be fine?

We are very close to accepting. Do you think you will accept?

We he gets team, it’ll be general studies. You won’t go into nsc with a major per se. You’ll meet with advisor and they’ll walk you through the degree plan you’re interested in so you make a smooth transition to full time Tamu.

You’ll need to know what majors have guaranteed pathway if meet requirements (mays does) but I don’t believe sports mgmt does. That doesn’t mean you can’t transition into it after you meet the team requirements tho. Probably pretty easy.

1 Like

Y’all… everyone who got the team option choices… go research the team page on both blinn and Tamu site. It has so much info. Then come on back and let’s figure out the hard stuff. I promise if you and your student dive into the program, most of your specific questions will be there. All of us oldies are happy to help, just want you to know where to go and get most of the answers. Then it’s a better conversation on here and less repetitive and chaotic.

Team is an awesome route and definitely sought after. Congrats!!!

3 Likes

Just checked, i got into Texas A&M Engineering At Blinn. Lets Go!!

Wondering when will i get my merit scholarship decision?

6 Likes