Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@aggie2027 if she’s not auto admit, doesn’t have very high test scores, and she been offered (potentially) TEAM…I’d quickly select TEAM only.

4 Likes

Thank you! My 25 aggie went blinn team and it was a great path for her!

3 Likes

No. It’s always been a guaranteed pathway for blinn team and Mays. The requirements have changed but that’s it.

If you want marketing… you can always major in comm and minor in psychology and business. You don’t need a marketing degree to be in marketing. That’s the beauty of the industry.

2 Likes

So is “change of major” an easy process if you meet the requirements? I think my dual credit hours will be fine. Doesn’t that mean I could go full Tamu earlier?

Would I get the same job offers if I did that?

I might’ve asked this befor but would Blinn team be better than Bauer at UH?

1 Like

How difficult would maintaining a 3.8 be?

1 Like

I’d take UH Bauer-direct admit to UH business school. Great opportunities at UH, you start off having all the advantages of being in Bauer.
Blinn TEAM agreement is good, and 3.8 won’t be easy, but you’ll have to wait 1.5-2 years, before you can join Mays only orgs/clubs, take full advantage of everything Mays offers.

1 Like

The requirement is the same for TEAB and General Engineering.
It is saying TEAB students take Math 2415 at Rellis at Fall in Sophomore year after they get their engineering major in TAMU.

Many seeing this as privilege, less competition, lower tuition. There is a good Math professor at Rellis.

2 Likes

Bauer at UH is a pretty highly ranked school and really one of the best in Supply Chain Management.

4 Likes

Same boat, here, my son applied the first week of August! And he had a 1410 SAT, top quarter (like 18%) at a crazy competitive 6A high school in Katy, tons of AP and DC, 4 years of band with leadership. He just got offered the three engineering options and chose TEAB. We are all shocked.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard that blinn team was a guaranteed transfer to Mays. Is that actually the case? . I thought Mays and engineering were hard to transfer into from anywhere.

2 Likes

Wow- it is starting to sound more like UT. When my daughter applied there (UT) 3 years ago, she did not get into engineering and was top 3%, 1450 SAT, tons of extracurriculars, NASA HAS (forgot, my son also did that), and many engineering classes and extras. She was autoadmit to UT, but was only offered Liberal Arts majors. Super disappointing (and pretty shocking). She actually appealed and got in- but it was too late for her and she had decided on A&M (and has really found some great things there). I’m glad TAMU has TEAB as an option.

3 Likes

@Christa75

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

2 Likes

No offense, but I’m not shocked and your son should be thrilled. There are a huge group of auto-admits in Texas, a large percentage of which who are STEM focused and A&M has a world-class engineering school. That cohort takes up a huge swath of Engineering seats right off the bat. Then in holistic review, A&M is probably considering another layer of factors. TEAB means A&M thinks your son IS qualified for A&M Engineering. That’s huge.

6 Likes

Thanks. S23 just pushed the button on TEAB. You’ve been a great help in this process!

2 Likes

@LaFinalista agree! 1410 SAT and 18% won’t get anywhere near true full acceptance. TEAB, Galveston & McAllen are great offers.

It’s not a transfer. It’s a guaranteed pathway. Go to team website. It’ll list all the guaranteed pathways to certain majors and their requirements. 100% guaranteed if meet it. No change ( except has higher requirements) for at least 8 years.

2 Likes

THEY LET ME CHANGE MY DECISION TO FULL TEAM!! Is it possible to get denied or did I basically get TEAM?

2 Likes

We’ve answered this ad nauseam in the past 24 hours. Sit tight and breathe.

2 Likes