Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Great info! Thanks so much!

My son was accepted to TAMU engineering. . We are OOS . He is only interested in Computer Software engineering. for the ETAm application its confusing it says that you will be guaranteed your first choice major if you take the required courses AND get a 3.75GPA
he knows it will be a ton of work but is confident he can get that. However, it then states you have to select 3 majors and rank them, and you can’t deny the major given. That is inconsistent with the guaranteed 3.75 path. He is not interested in a different major and he has a very defined path he wants and has since middle school also you apply spring and don’t get notified until July which is not enough time to transfer universities if you did not get the major you wanted. We love TAMU but it seems risky for kids who have a very specific path they want to follow. Any thoughts from you all with experience on this . Thanks so much

1 Like

I believe you are guaranteed first choice if meet that gpa requirement.

From their site.

There’s also an automatic entry pathway to your first-choice major if you complete the required courses for Entry to a Major and maintain the required automatic entry cumulative GPA defined for your class.

2 Likes

Thanks so much it says that but below that it states you have to select 3 can select up to 5 and that you cannot turn down a major. I did call and leave a message and my son sent an email we are just waiting to hear back. I will say TAMU is not as great at answering the phones or returning emails and most other universities.

1 Like

If you called in the last few days, campus has been closed due to the statewide ice storm.

1 Like

Honestly think y’all may be reading too much into that. The 3 or 5 major choices is for non automatic. You are guaranteed first choice. And first choice only if you meet the requirements. Last year 80% got their first choice.

3 Likes

Picking 3 in ETAM application is required, the extra 2 optional. But if one has 3.77+ GPA the second and third just pick anything.
Software engineering falls under Comp Science.

1 Like

Do you know what happens (just in case) student can not keep the 3.80 GPA
Can a student be stuck in Blinn without chance to be fully admitted to TAMU ?

1 Like

No not at all. They’ll choose a different major.

1 Like

The only pathways listed are for 2021 and 2022. Do you think there is much chance of them changing them for 2023? I’m surprised they haven’t released 2023 pathways since everyone is having to make a decision on accepting TEAM or not.

This question may have been answered already and is something that I should have asked yesterday after we chose TEAB. The greatness of @FriscoDad was kind enough to indicate that acceptance is 1 day to at most 2 weeks if one picks TEAB/Blinn only. So the question that just popped into my head (related to the University being shut down due to weather) is does anyone in the AO need to process anything else to go from 3 tabs to 7 tabs or is it fully automated? I wasn’t sure if “considered for Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn” meant another review cycle to see if you make that cut too.

Sorry for the lengthy question - thanks to everyone on this forum helping us newbies out!

1 Like

A lot of things don’t get posted for the upcoming year. I know that’s totally not ideal. All you can go off of is the most current sheet/info.

2 Likes

It is not automatic. They will flip the switch so to speak as the options get picked. No one is in today. We’ll see what tomorrow holds. It could be next week before y’all hear officially word.

5 Likes

Makes sense - thanks!!

We are shocked too. My current applicant out-ranked his brother in GPA and class rank. SAT scores were the same. Volunteering and DC’s were quite similar. First son received TAMUG offer. Second son got the 3-choice offer. Now we wait. I don’t get it.

Did anyone get accepted today? Pathways,team psa r not? Wasnt sure if the weather played a role on delaying any admissions decisions. Seems like if you didn’t get anything yet —-could it be a bad sign?

No decisions went out today. Campus is closed.

2 Likes

First of all, thank you all for the helpful information.
Just curious if anybody out there has been accepted in Biology? I haven’t seen any post and my son is still waiting to hear something. Application submitted Aug 14th, feeling defeated at this point.

1 Like

You have to submit the ETAM app before grades are final, so you can’t be 100% certain you are auto and have to do the full application process. (Mom to junior aero major)

2 Likes

Seems like the three choice ETAM is better than just being told you can choose TAMUG. My nephew got that single choice Galveston offer in March and probably would’ve preferred the choice to go to Rellis. Worked out fine except not starting with Calc 1.

1 Like