Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Best is check the 2026 and 2025 threads on how that works in the past. Of course, one may assume something can change this year.

It is more about choices and options based on really understanding the pathways. (the email TAMU sent earlier in January). If you really research how Team works and compare the target degree plan vs other college options, you will be able to make a choice you won’t regret.

1 Like

@FriscoDad can probs explain it better.
My understanding, if a student enrolls at RELLIS, they’re enrolling at another institution, that is using the RELLIS facilities. Diplomas come from other schools. So there’s not ‘direct correlation’ or pathway into TAMU.
Best bet, I think, would be PSA A&M International, if they have the program she wants. That’s the stipulation for PSA, student must take one of the limited majors offered, with no option of switching once they get to College Station.
It gets muddy…the various pathways & agreements…

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the college of agriculture and life sciences is full? My son applied as that for his first choice and engineering as second since his first choice degree is biological and agricultural engineering. He checked the dashboard today and got the 3 choices for the engineering pathways. Since engineering is his second choice this leads me to believe agriculture is closed. Hoping I’m wrong.

Any transferable hours will count regardless if they go towards degree plan. For instance, most majors don’t require Eng. 103 but will be counted in total transferable hours. It goes towards an elective. Only courses that have no transfer value will be removed from total hours.

His experience has been pretty good. He does have his car but I would say he only leaves campus once a week to eat some different food or run to Target to get a few things to have in his small fridge. His favorite Professor was his Biology professor, Mona. I think she is a favorite of many down there. Chemistry was his least favorite class but he finished it off with a high B. He got involved with a couple of clubs, GFLO and Sprout. He has made a few friends that are also moving to CSTAT in the Fall since they are finishing their ETAM process (Engineering majors). So I think overall, pretty good but he is ready to go north for sure.

Dorms - He is in the TAMMAH dorm which is mostly Engineer and Corps students with a few others mixed in. Most of the dorm rooms in TAMMAH are 2 students per bedroom and then there are 2 bedrooms per suite with 2 bathrooms. It’s a nice set up. Pacific and Atlantic Halls are nice too but I think they only have 1 bathroom per suite.

Galveston Aggie Moms try to make sure the kids are taken care of. For example, since the campus is so small they are rallying to make enough Valentines cards so the EVERY STUDENT on campus gets a Valentines card on Valentines Day. They do special stuff like that for the kids since there is only about 2300 students. Oh, another positive of a smaller campus is smaller core classes. I think the largest class size my son had was around 120 students and that was his Math class. I am pretty sure they are bigger at TAMU. His Biology 112 this semester he said has 20 students and one of their Labs.research papers is supposed to be at Moody Gardens.

2 Likes

Is there any timeline to know more about Scholarships?

Are the three choices TEAB, Galveston and McAllen?

1 Like

Yay. Glad it worked out. I held my breath as I read it hoping my advice served your well. Phew.

2 Likes

Yes, your advice served us well. We appreciated then and are a happy Aggie supporting family now!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for clarifying! That’s what I was thinking when we chose TEAM and waitlist. Appreciate the insight.

Biological and Ag Engineering is under and a part of General Engineering until ETAM.

Ag Systems Management (Ag Mech Eng Tech with Ag Business degree) is not under Gen Engineering and does not have to ETAM qualify to study. It is, however, under College of Ag and Dept. of Bio and Ag Engineering from day one.

Took a good advisor to explain this to my son. It seems like yours applied to the Ag Engineering (not AGSM) so that major is the full one.

No. It has to be in person. Here’s what TAMU’s PSA page says about that: “Complete at least 24 transferable hours in residence at a single system school during the fall and spring semesters.”

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

@FriscoDad yes, those are the three options.

2 Likes

@Penny_Jones thank you, this is very helpful!

2 Likes

Note: TAMU’s PSA site says it doesn’t recommend you do PSA with the intention of switching majors, it doesn’t say that you can’t.

1 Like

Take TEAB, unless McAllen or Galveston are closer to home. Biological engineering is a great program and ETAM is not difficult even when holistic.

2 Likes

@FriscoDad thank you!

1 Like

My daughter‘s Howdy just had changes. Her major changed to General Studies and session changed to Summer 2023. I am pretty sure this means Gateway. We are so excited for her! For all of you still waiting for a decision don’t lose hope. Just know that there is a pathway for every student that wants one. It all works out in the end as it should. My oldest son will graduate from A&M in December. He was offered PSA Class off ‘23 but went to Blinn and transferred in after 2 years. My middle son was accepted holistic review for class of ‘25. He recently changed his major and is now in Mays. I will have 3 kids at A&M this Fall! I’m going to need to get another job lol. Hang in there and best of luck to all those waiting.

13 Likes

Thank you for all that! D23 was auto admit but now I’m mostly watching this thread for clues as to how my holistic D24’s journey might go. D24 (and her parents) would be THRILLED with Blinn Team or Gateway. What are your D’s Gateway stats/ major?

4 Likes