Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My Cstat Jr. started at TAMUG. Absolutely needs a car. They live on an island.

1 Like

I’m not going to give specifics because there are lots of kids who have better numbers than she does. What I will say is that her acceptance confirms a truly holistic review of her file. She has proven herself to be a very hard working young woman. She has overcome a learning disability as well as other struggles. I am thrilled that she has this opportunity to fly. We did not think it would happen. For this we are so thankful.

7 Likes

I’m so happy to hear that holistic review helps get special kids like yours into A&M!

2 Likes

Not easy going 1 2 3 at the same time! Great job to the parents too!

3 Likes

There are many without cars too but a car does make life easier, always. My son has his and will take his buds with him to eat and Target. I have read from other moms if the child gets sick the doctors office they go to at UTMB I think will send a car for them which is off Pelican Island.

4 Likes

@AraAks unless your student is NM S/F, auto admit with very high scores/stats/resume, National Recognition Scholar or from one of the identifier Century Scholar schools…don’t hold your breath for a scholarship.

3 Likes

I agree with @52AG82. It all depends on your kid. Had our 2026 son not been admitted to Ag Business (2nd choice major), out of the schools you mentioned he would’ve chosen OU. He wanted the college town, campus, sports, etc. On paper he loved UTD but I knew as soon as we pulled onto campus for our tour it wasn’t going to be for him. We did the tour anyways and I liked it a lot. I know a lot of friends who have kids at UTD and they love it.

3 Likes

Anyone know if the AO is open this morning?

@bhebert449 classes resumed today, if that’s what you’re asking.

2 Likes

My DD still hasn’t heard anything yet. Mays and Education are listed as 1 and 2 Major on her AIS screen. Will Mays drop off soon since it’s already full?

1 Like

@htx36 i saw one person late last night get offered Gateway. Her session tab changed to-Summer 2023. Be watching for that. I sure hope she gets Gateway offer!!
Meant to tell you-my husband is an Aggie, we’re longtime season tix holders, he eats/sleeps/breathes Aggie football. Positive he’d know who you husband was. We’re pulling for your girl to follow in her dad’s steps! :+1:t3:

1 Like

That’s amazing! Congrats to all of you! What a testament to succeeding no matter where you start!!

3 Likes

Your major won’t change until you’re about to be accepted. So if you see mays drop and educ listed at 1, then know that you’ll be accepted. If nothing changes, there’s no decision. If change of major button drops, PSA is coming. If dashboard changes or 7 tabs appear, good decision is coming.

4 Likes

My sons portal was updated this morning to Gateway. :tada: Applied 9/1. Was hoping for Blinn Team but excited for any opportunity!

8 Likes

@agsmomof2 Gateway is the best offer!! Congrats! Better than TEAM, for sure!

4 Likes

Did you get the waitlist options a few days ago?

He’s my oldest so we weren’t sure what to expect. He was all in for A&M and knew it wouldn’t be easy. I’m so glad I found this message board. I’ve learned so much! Things have changed over the years since we were in college so it’s been a wealth of knowledge reading these threads!

4 Likes

No, nothing had been updated since 9/1. We logged in the past few days but said the school was closed due to weather. This morning it has changed to gateway.

2 Likes

Howdy! New to this thread. I have two Aggie engineers- one just graduated, and one is a sophomore. My third Aggie hopeful is…losing hope. At this point, what are the chances of getting offered TEAM for engineering or construction science? Assuming competitive stats and well rounded activities but nothing extraordinary. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Congrats!! What were his stats?

2 Likes