Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Howdy! I went through this excruciating process with my son last year, and I just wanted to pop on and tell ya’ll how it went! :slight_smile:
Here are his stats; top 25%, big 6A school in Houston, 30 ACT, captain tennis team, many AP classes, applied in August. We knew NOTHING of this process as his mama is a Longhorn, please don’t hold this against me! HA!! I was so fortunate to come across this site and learn from all the lovely moderators who answered all my questions and concerns over the grueling MONTHS of waiting.
My son was offered the 3 choices at the end of January and thanks to the advice we got here, he chose TEAM only. One week later he was IN!!!I Two weeks later he received the coveted maroon envelope in the mail.
His best friend was an auto admit, got an early spot in housing, and they are living their best life at Hullabaloo. He took 2 classes at A&M and 2 at RELLIS last semester. Having his car made the 15 minute drive twice a week a breeze. He got admitted to a frat, but decided to hold off since he is trying to get into Mays and wasn’t sure he could handle it :wink: … we are proud to say he has a 4.0 as of now!!
He loves his small classes at RELLIS and said he knows everyone because they are taking the same classes together. TEAM turned out to be a blessing for us! So please let your kids know not to feel anything but proud with this offer… my younger son will go through this next year, and honestly I hope he gets TEAM. I think it’s a great way to start off!
GOOD LUCK everyone. The process is grueling, but totally worth it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

If I am going in without a roommate, what is their process in pairing you up, do you take a quiz or is it truly just random? And thank you all for this very helpful information!

1 Like

@l6326 there is no ‘pairing’ or ‘matching’. You can try to find a roomie ahead of time-Instagram ‘27 page, friend of a friend, etc-or you can go true potluck. If you find a roomie with a higher dorm selection time, that roomie can ‘pull you up’ during the process, and you can (hopefully) find a room with 2 beds open.
When it’s your selection time, you’ll have a specific time to enter the Housing portal. This is where you need to have a game plan, know which dorms you’d prefer. You’ll go directly to a dorm, start clicking on rooms that have an open bed. It’s not required, but many students fill out a bio, so you can quickly view the bio of the person already occupying the other bed.
Literally, beds disappear before your eyes, so you need to be very prepared.

2 Likes

My daughter has joined two pages - look on instagram for something like newaggies2027. I’m sure you can find a few people who are like-minded. When my oldest went through housing process her roomie who got in much earlier pulled her up and they were able to get a southside modular on probably the 4th or 5th day of picking rooms. Hullabaloo was gone the first day or maybe had a few single beds by second day. She was able to move dorms in the spring due to her roomie moving out but that was 2020/2021 and I think there were lots of empty beds / rooms due to people staying home or going home b.c of C0vid.

My oldest wasn’t a business major, but is Allied Health. She is very driven and studies A LOT. She spends Friday nights and Saturday nights studying. She spends holidays home studying. Remember that at A&M, the kids our kids are working with are the best of the best. I believe that everyone that goes here, unless they are just naturally “geniuses”, has to put in a fair amount of hard work and grit. Just my opinion. My oldest is involved in her church, her sorority, volunteers and works out but she’s very organized with her time. I often wonder how she is MY daughter, bc I want to be like her when I grow up! HA!

6 Likes

Thank you! This makes me feel so much better. He selected team only last week & are hoping & praying for good news this week! :heart::grinning:

2 Likes

Have any of the students admitted in early to mid January received their banners in the mail?

1 Like

We have not, but it took about three weeks for her sister to get hers.

My daughter got her 7 tabs on January 11th and received her packet in the mail on January 20th.

3 Likes

Bummer. DS was admitted the same day and it’s crickets here. Did you sign up for NSC that day as well?

No, we actually didn’t sign up for NSC until this past week. Hopefully, you all will get it soon. Actually, it was a little disappointing. We were surprised. All of my daughters acceptances have been so nice—a nice personalized letter, personalized certificates, etc. This acceptance packet—the only thing with her name on it was the mailing envelope. But of course it does contain the large banner that we took pictures with :blush: Again, hopefully you all will get it soon!

3 Likes

I’d say the acceptance in itself is the prize b.c she gets to be an Aggie!! :star_struck: :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed!! Definitely! We celebrated her acceptance and she is so excited to be an Aggie!!

2 Likes

If we selected Team only should we be expecting an acceptance this week?

1 Like

Could be, there is a lot need to set up for new students in Howdy.

1 Like

Question, my son from OOS was admitted to engineering in December , he is waiting for the honors decision which may not come until the end of march . We are also waiting for merit altho I hear
They barely give any. That said should he book a dorm and then transfer to honors once he hears?
Are there engineering dorms at TAMU . He is waiting for a few other schools that notify in march but does want to put the deposit down and secure dorm .

Engineering dorm info.

Honor dorm

If you don’t mind the $50 non-refundable deposit, go ahead pay first as dorm selection priority is based on the deposit timing. It doesn’t mean commitment to enroll. Yes once in honor, your student will see Mosher Hall opened in selection.

Make sure your student file FAFSA, some rare merit scholarships also look at FAFSA data.

1 Like

If he’s even remotely interested in A&M, he needs to pay $75 non-refundable Housing deposit NOW (should’ve done it in December). Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is paid, and won’t even start until late April.
He should hear back from Eng HNR before his A&M dorm selection time.

Thanks for all the info here

The moderators on the threads have been generous and patient – Grateful for you all!

DD#1 Fully admitted to TAMU 12/14/22 - Public Health

DD#2 Admitted to TAMU via Gateway Thursday
(Gateway/SSII - General Studies; Fall - Public Health)

I’m class of 1993 (WHOOP)! and very excited

7 Likes

Perfect thanks

1 Like