Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Can I join this party? My son is the same as you (awaiting Engineering at Blinn offer).

3 Likes

I spoke to AO and they stated that it doesn’t matter if you checked that you were interested in Blinn TEAM. Each applicant is considered for each option. Not sure if that information is correct but that is what they told me.

4 Likes

I don’t think that means you won’t be considered. She just indicated it was one reason some kids were offered straight Blinn Team (with other factors) instead of getting the options. She did not indicate that it meant others wouldn’t be considered. I’m sorry if my post caused you additional anxiety :worried:

You might have to get into AIS yourself and see what’s going on. I’m very independent, but am so happy my mom was checking in on everything with the application process cause some things I overlooked.

1 Like

Just got the notice that we revived 0 merit we are OOS so that is disappointing we are not needs based so the cost to attend is high . My son received merit from the other 5 schools he was accepted to but TAMU is one of his top choices not sure it’s worth the 62k when we got 15-35 per year at all others :joy:

Why were some kids offered straight team instead of options?

Do you mean more reasons other than the ones I shared?

1 Like

Oh I see your earlier post. We indicated a willingness to accept team with the original application the same as others we know who who were only offered team but were offered 3 options

Ok, hope you get good news soon.

2 Likes

This still doesn’t make sense to me.

My daughter and her friend both checked the boxes on the application for a willingness to be a part of the Blinn TEAM.

Both have a handful of AP / DC classes.

He received the immediate offer of Blinn TEAM and the next week she received the three options and chose Blinn Team only.

So we aren’t sure why he didn’t have to wait and got the acceptance while she has to wait and hope to get accepted.

Still can’t figure out which is considered a better offer but assume that the immediate acceptance meant he was ranked higher even though she was offered a chance to stay on the wait list.

But as everyone knows, it’s all just a guess and must please wait patiently for your Howdy page to update.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a one answer/ reason for all offers. She was just giving what she saw as factors.
I’m sure the process is much more complicated and diverse as is the case whenever a holistic review is performed. Best of luck!

3 Likes

Same situation here. My son loved Texas A&M when he visited. I thought his credential which included a 36 ACT score might have given him at least a little merit. The steep costs of these schools makes it so difficult. Wishing you good luck in the rest of this college process.

I’m sorry if this has already been asked, but were the aid packages that were posted today the final offer, or is it possible that more scholarships might be offered throughout February?

1 Like

Did all his friends choose TEAM only or waitlist or do you know? So I guess maybe we’ll be waiting around about another week if this goes the same way.

@cammd325 what were the student stats?
Unless NM S/F, possibly National Recognition, auto admit with very high tests scores/great resume, invited to Business Honors or from one of the identified Century Scholar schools…wouldn’t expect a freshman scholarship. Certainly not a large one.
Small awards and scholarships can come throughout the summer, even once school has started, so check FinAid tab every now & then.
But don’t expect anything…if you get one, it’ll be an unexpected treat!

2 Likes

OOS
NMSF
35 ACT
1550 SAT
AP and Honors curriculum
Top 10% in high school
Business Honors
Athlete, lots of extracurriculars, excellent public speaker, lots of community service
Received the President’s Endowed and Maroon, but really need more for the competitive scholarship in order to qualify for in-state tuition

1 Like

Great stats! Maroon Merit and PES are fantastic! Tho not stackable. Honestly I wouldn’t expect more than those two. A&M makes it difficult to get in-state tuition, and there are truly thousands of valedictorian/salutatorian/36 ACT kids every year who never receive a dime in scholarships.

BUT, don’t you get a fairly hefty amount for NM S/F? I think that amount alone is more than $4k a year, isn’t it?

Should be getting some small scholarship from BH, too-could be $500-1,000.

1 Like

Thank you!

@cammd325 when do you find out if he made Finalist? That’s when the real $ kicks in.

I’m not sure what the final amount will be for NM, but I don’t believe it is much. I was told that unless he receives a little more for what is considered “competitive scholarships,” then he would not be eligible for in-state. Just praying for in-state at this point! Thank you so much for your insight!