Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I believe they begin notifying in March…

NM Finalists get an additional $7k a year + the PES. That gets him to in-state.
A BH scholarship should be coming-has he accepted the BH offer yet?

That is wonderful to hear! Thank you! No, he hasn’t accepted yet, because we were waiting for financial pieces to fall into place before accepting.

1 Like

Those are great credentials mine had a 34 act
Tons of leadership and Ap but it is what it is . We have merit from lots of other schools at least so definitely have some decisions to make and still waiting in cali schools to release in march

1 Like

My child is a National Recognition Scholar and wanted to begin at Galveston as a COE student because of the much smaller student population and classroom sizes. We actually identified schools of interest, in part, due to which granted merit aid to National Recognition Scholars. But, the way this particular award is discussed at A&M feels very ambiguous this year relative to previous years–and at other schools this year (which have already awarded generous to full merit scholarships, in some cases).

Have you heard of COE students at Galveston also receiving National Recognition Scholar financial awards? There is no info that would indicate that they do online, and, in fact, the 2022-2023 Financial Aid catalog specifies that the award is specifically for full-time students at College Station. That feels off, though, given some engineering majors can only be completed at Galveston and the COE seems to be working hard to have students view the sites to be unified, going so far as to list COE students studying at Galveston on Howdy as College Station students.

2 Likes

or @ChristiR93 or @FriscoDad any updates (for anyone who received this random Blinn email) that you can tell? I looked around the Blinn Student Profile a little and noticed there is a notification that says “Re-admission is required prior to registration” but when I click it, nothing happens and I’m not sure what that means. If my daughter was accepted for 23-24 already, and already has a functioning Blinn email, why would re-admisson be required unless it is for TEAM. But again, no update to AIS this morning, and I’m assuming that’s where she would be notified of a TEAM offer.

Have you checked Howdy for 7 tabs?

1 Like

Yes, thank you. Nothing there yet either.

We also received the random email and no change to status yet.

1 Like

Had you already applied and been accepted to Blinn?

Yes

1 Like

Maybe we’ll all get updated as TEAM during this scheduled maintenance ;)…hoping and praying just to know.

System maintenance will be performed this Friday, 02/10/2023, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. MyBlinn will be unavailable for use during that time, but campus applications will be available on a maintenance page.

1 Like

7 Tabs this morning (yeah!) and AIS changed to TEAB-CS. Wonder what’s coming next?

10 Likes

Son received 7 tabs this morning in Howdy. AIS updated to reflect TEAB! Whoop! What a ride. Applied in August. Received 3 choices end of Jan. Top 15%; 1300 SAT; 24 dual credits; National Honor Society; band 6 years; employed throughout jr and yrs.

12 Likes

Same here. What happens next? How does he get in the housing queue?

2 Likes

Has anyone from TEAM (not TEAB) heard this morning?
Still waiting for TEAM as a business applicant who selected only TEAM from the 3 options last week.
4.3 W 1360 SAT first quarter

We got Galveston offer this morning!!!

6 Likes

Congrats! What are these 7 tabs I keep seeing? Do you know and are you willing to share what his GPA is? We are still waiting…

@Steve6 Have to wait for screen to change to “Congrats…next steps.” Accept or decline. If accept, immediately go fill out housing application if wanting to live in a dorm, and pay the non-refundable $75. Then you wait, again…

3 Likes

Looking like only engineering updates (TEAB) today.

3 Likes