Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Finally :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Was 6.55 at time of submitting. The tabs refer to Howdy. Will change from 3 to 7 if they receive an offer. This is the first clue. You will see some changes in like Major changed to Eng at Blinn. Then AIS will update with Congrats & Next Steps. You can check AIS under My Letters tab. Will receive electronic letter of acceptance before snail mail.

3 Likes

My son has 7 tabs now and at the top of AIS his major has changed to Engineering at Blinn but it still says “You are being considered for Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn”. I’ve read that 7 tabs is a good sign and the major has been changed but is the “…being considered…” a formality and he is in? I’m guessing when that says congrats and next steps, we can set up a NSC in Howdy but I’m not sure. Any thoughts? Congrats to your son also!!

5 Likes

Same for my son! Congrats!

4 Likes

I remember when checking my oldest daughter’s portal one morning I saw the coveted 7 tabs and knew that an acceptance was probably coming. I didn’t say anything to her but kept checking her portal throughout the day and then around 2 or 3 in the afternoon it changed to you are accepted.

6 Likes

I don’t even know why I even bother to get my hopes high :frowning:

When I read some of ya all got 7 tabs I ran to the portal, nothing. I did the trick check under manage application still reads under review . AIS portal still no change after we chose Team option.

I’m at this point so discouraged :pensive:

3 Likes

I am temped to tell my son but I am going to wait too! And I have to make myself not check again until 2 since you said that!

5 Likes

Don’t be discouraged…looks like it was just Engineering majors. Holding out hope.

5 Likes

Same for my son! 7 tabs this morning for TEAB! :tada::tada::tada: Applied in October, first quarter, 1400 SAT, chose TEAB on 1/31. Aggieland Saturday here we come! Thankful to all the wonderful moderators for sharing their wisdom and patiently guiding us through this lengthy process! @ChristiR93, Do you have a TEAB specific thread set up by any chance?

7 Likes

Nothing but not engineering either :-(.

1 Like

I checked my sons AIS this morning and it changed degree from Mechanical Engineering to BAC and location changed from CSTAT to Galveston. I don’t have his Howdy login so he’ll have to check after school today.
Guess we need to research Galveston more!!

We had selected interested in all options during application process.

6 Likes

@J_Fruge Galveston is a fantastic option! Some love it so much they decide to stay and graduate down there (same Aggie ring & diploma).

1 Like

Does anyone know when rejections start going out typically?

@Shotgun23 , No change in status for BIO major.

3 Likes

Nothing for us for TEAM yet… hopefully soon! Picked 'just TEAM" last week.

3 Likes

Did Anyone else have their AIS change this morning where the Change of major button was gone ? Does this mean PSA?

Note that Galveston or McAllen is considered full admission and part of TAMU, these two are not system schools. Your student goes through the same ETAM process as general engineering students.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Exactly 9 days. Sign up housing as soon as it opens. TEAB is spill over of general engineering at College Station. Your student’s stat if apply in August/Sept I assume could be full admission but it can be a blessing as TEAB saves you $2-$4K in first year and your student do have a slight better chance of gaining higher ETAM GPA.

4 Likes

@52AG82 and @FriscoDad
Thank you :blush:
I know someone posted awhile back some information about Galveston but I’m not finding it…would you be able to post again possibly.
Galveston is definitely closer than Tech! Just confused on the BAC major va. mechanical. I know none of it is guaranteed and they all have to do general but not sure how it works. Is it still same ETAM process?

1 Like

Which date your student got Blinn Team offers? When and what offer did your student choose?
Today looks like a lot of TEAB set up. Blinn Team is similar but separate process and based on the date of picking and the type of buttons your student pick it can be coming soon.