Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

No change, still 3 tabs and no greyed out change major buttons.

Daughter signed up for Blinn TEAM wait-list only on 1/31 for Public Health.

3 Likes

No updates here. I just checked. I think with my oldest when I checked around 8 am I saw the 7 tabs. That was 3 years ago.

Same, 1/31 chose Blinn TEAM & Wailist for Public Health.

has anyone called the admissions office to see what their timeline is?

1 Like

@bhebert449 they will not tell you. Website says holistic review might not find out until March.
You are welcome to call and see what they say.

1 Like

I was told yesterday that all applicants should hear something by March 6. I don’t really believe that since there is no consistency with their information.

2 Likes

No change for by daughter either.

I do not think calling and asking will yield any more information. They have probably been told to say “everyone should hear by” and that is their official answer. The whole “7 tabs changing” thing is also not something they will confirm, so I think all we can do at this point is just sit and be patient. It’s definitely not fun, but I suppose it’s a good life lesson. Not everything happens as fast as we would like. In the mean time, I will pray and hopefully we will hear Monday! :+1:

5 Likes

Agree :100:…calling won’t do any good.

1 Like

While I agree, it won’t help under the current situation but we need to provide constructive feedback to TAMU to improve communication and expectations.

What time do these updates typically happen? Is it usually early morning?

I’ve got a current Senior at A&M. It’s been this way since 2018, when I started following CC. If not auto admit…expect to wait.
It would be nice if they gave a set-in-stone date, like everyone will hear by February 15. I don’t see it happening tho…

6 Likes

It’s been like this for as long as I can remember. My own Class of 2021 didn’t get his decision until right before Spring Break in March (non auto admit, got PSA). Like @52AG82 said, if you’re holistic review, expect to wait. That’s just how TAMU rolls. I know it’s frustrating, believe, I’ve been there with my eldest. This go around, my twins are auto admit and got their acceptances back in September. It’s just how the cookie crumbles. I don’t know that TAMU will change the process. When they say holistic reviews go through two screenings/reviews, they mean it. It just takes time.

I used to scoff at the whole holistic review angle until now…my Twin B, who is just shy of Top 6% got admitted to UT Austin through their PACE program. When a University takes their time to review every inch of an application, they will offer you way in if you fill whatever need they are looking for. The offer may or may not be what you want or are expecting, but there is a reason for everything. Your student will bloom wherever they are planted.

6 Likes

Housing application for my TEAB student finally complete. We drove ourselves crazy looking for the application because it wasn’t there- and then all of a sudden it was. The Howdy website is not the easiest to manage!

We are headed to Aggieland Saturday tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

8 Likes

Picking anything with waitlist will expect waiting. Picking Blinn only wait for 1-2 weeks is normal.

A current student just checked with TAP, they are setting up massive Blinn co-enrollment right now. That’s a lot of work with limited people. Give them some time.

10 Likes

What is TAP?

1 Like

TAP is Transition Academic Program, the team in charge of advising and converting Blinn Team to full time TAMU. TAP serves as the bridge between students and their targeting major/department. TAP doesn’t control the requirement of the Blinn contract, they just follow department requirement. The reorganization of departments started last year added a lot of work to TAP.

https://tap.tamu.edu/

2 Likes

So, maybe this explains the random “Congratulations…we received your Fall 2023 Blinn College District application for admissions” email we received this week although we had already applied and received confirmation a few weeks ago from Blinn.

Howdy and AIS updated overnight and shows the 7 tabs and says “congrats you’ve been admitted to tamu Galveston.
So it says we have until May to register for NSC, so only other thing would be housing right? Since it’s Galveston, do they still send the Maroon envelope?
We’ve scheduled a tour of the campus so he can hopefully finally decide if he wants to follow this path or take the TX Tech route.

Fingers crossed for others still waiting!!! It seems they mostly just did engineering majors this week so hopefully more decisions will come out soon.

And thank you to @FriscoDad and @52AG82 for all your help!

5 Likes

I believe A&M Galveston sends their own ‘Sea Aggie’ version of acceptance tri-fold.

3 Likes