Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes. Blinn system should not jump the gun and sent out those email.
Blinn Rellis although is TAMU funded, the land grant is county in Blinn College District so it still follows a different enrollment system.
Once getting Blinn access, when registering classes it is important to look for “RL” code for Rellis, don’t register other Blinn campus by accident.

2 Likes

Thanks had to give mine a pseudo pep talk that it seems like engineering majors this week. Zero change on our end and we will most likely be hedging our bets with putting down a refundable deposit this week. TAMU is the only school we are waiting on!

Engineering at Galveston gets the same exact packet that College Station students do. You get the banner that says you are an Aggie, not a Sea Aggie. They give the Sea Aggie banners to people that apply to Galveston and are admitted there.

4 Likes

@RBT26 good to know! I’ve only seen friends who have posted with their Sea Aggies banner👍🏼

Makes sense then, that Blinn has an announcement posted for their system to be down from 5-8 today.

2 Likes

Do you need to register for NSC to begin your application for housing? My son was admitted to TAMU Galveston as well. But it seems his current NetID can’t log him into the housing application.

1 Like

@Yang_Liu2 registering for NSC is your formal agreement to attend A&M. It has nothing to do with Housing-completely separate.
It may take a day or two, for Housing link to open, after acceptance.

2 Likes

Now that we have set an NSC date and received the letter from Admissions welcoming us to the FTACO27, are we automatically enrolled at Blinn TEAB or do we have to go on the Blinn website and apply?

Stinks, b/c my son didn’t get another random "Congratulations… " email from Blinn. He is currently taking dual credit this year at Blinn, wondering if that matters. I wish I could say I am not worried… ugh. Can’t believe how painful the wait is (as a parent, being me, lol). This page has been amazing and packed full of great information! It’s just the wait…

1 Like

Just learned about a new program for admission from our HS Counselor. Anyone heard of this?

New Opportunity Majors Program

Some of your students may be given admission to the university through the new Opportunity Majors Program. Students who are deemed admissible but whose majors are full may be offered admission to an “opportunity major.” Opportunity majors are those on the A&M campus that still have available capacity based on its student-to-faculty ratio. Students who elect to be admitted through the Opportunity Major Program will have limited options to change their major but will be fully admitted to Texas A&M for the fall. Additional information will be shared through AIS as students are presented with this opportunity.

2 Likes

No need to apply Blinn separately. You will register classes you need at NSC.
Look for email to register myBlinn login. The email may come from Blinn or TAP.

1 Like

Interesting, never heard of this. Sounds good…I guess…if student is willing to take one of the limited majors offered. I’m sure there will be stipulations about not being able to change majors later on.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/freshman/alternative-admission-pathways#:~:text=Opportunity%20majors%20are%20those%20that,fully%20admitted%20to%20Texas%20A%26M.

3 Likes

talking to myself here… son is already a student at Blinn b/c of DC, so perhaps he won’t actually receive the new/updated “Congratulations…” from Blinn. Yep, I’ve resorted to talking to myself… until the wait is over I can’t vouch for myself or anything I say, here. LOL!

2 Likes

So excited! DS Howdy portal updated with 7tabs today and AIS changed to general Engineering at Galveston! No official congrats/admission yet. All signs indicate that is coming soon!!!:tada:

4 Likes

Team will come next week. Surprises it didn’t come today but it’s obvious. And all those that chose team only, should get team. If not, please let us know.

As for Tamu communication, they do communicate it’s just not what we want to hear or we can’t believe it would take this long for a holistic decision. BUT they do have a blanket statement saying to wait til feb and March for a decision. But I know it’s hard seeing other holistics get in while you wait. Just know they are doing their best to truly review each application a minimum of two times before delivering that decision. With 50k plus apps less the autos, that’s a lot. At least we saw engineering movement this week and know that AO is working on apps. Yay.

Have a great weekend. Hang in there Team hopefuls. Stay hopeful. Enjoy Aggieland this weekend if you’re coming. If you want restaurant suggestions, let me know!!

3 Likes

When you say that TEAM will come next week, do you mean for people that have gotten the option of TEAM or Waitlist? Or are you talking about those who haven’t heard anything?

I know they are doing the best they can:)

My son chose TEAM last week out of the three options presented. We are still waiting as many of you.

We talked to someone in the Sports Management office who said they are NOT full yet.
This was actually his second choice major behind Business (which is full).

My question is, since we are in the wait and see mode with TEAM should we just wait for the official “yes” then try and change his first option major to Sports Management or should we do it NOW in hopes that maybe that could help him get in?

Or does it even matter?

1 Like

SPMT enrollment data include Blinn. So when saying is not “full” in the sense that Blinn Team contract is not full. So keep it at Team.

Mays or SPMT Blinn Team freshmen year courses are about the same, so if your student has good GPA freshmen year (e.g. 4.0) your student can talk to TAP advisor to decide which major to go.

1 Like

Another week, no changes to the portal…sigh…

1 Like

When we will be noticed on COA if we have given TEAM Blinn? Are we expected to receive the notification from Blinn & Tamu or one documentation explaining the COA & financial aid?