Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

From your phone, click on the circle with her initial in it and that pop up should appear.

1 Like

I am on my phone, this is what I see when I click on @ChristiR93 name.

That’s weird it won’t let me.

If you just join CC won’t let you message. Will have to ask the person to message you first.

1 Like

I have a total of 23 credits. If I have 12 hours that go towards I’ll only need 24 hours at Blinn? So 39 hours total plus the hours wasted which are 11 hours. I’ll fit under the 60 credit hour limit by 10 credits correct?

I just posted my situation. I just want to make sure I’m good for the Mays Pathway.

Via Change of Major (COM), which requires application and may need to write a statement of purpose like transfer.
If the barrier is not too high, that may be the reason why they don’t create a Blinn admission agreement. But note that even though if COM says 3.0GPA, one will aim for much higher to gain the major.

Your Howdy Dashboard should indicate target major code ENDS. If not you can have TAP advisor update during NSC.

Congratulations! Start Housing as soon as it opens.

1 Like

@Fj23 The link below is a great reference to see if dual credit classes you’ve taken are transferable to tamu. If the dual course has an equivalent course at tamu, it will transfer, regardless of whether it is part of your desired degree plan. There are lots of community college classes that dont have an equivalent tamu course and hence dont transfer.

https://howdy.tamu.edu/uPortal/p/tce-ui.ctf1/max/render.uP

2 Likes

@Catho WOAH. @Momof3B is a seasoned, veteran parent, always helpful. Nothing ‘false’ about her reply to you.

5 Likes

you should follow your own advice. Mom3b was spot on about that question already being answered and it is a VERY GOOD IDEA for all present and future applicants to read the whole thread. they will learn about things they didnt know they didnt know

7 Likes

I am curious about this as well.

I messaged you.

1 Like

Wow…okay. Have a great day, good luck to you and your child at TAMU!

7 Likes

:heart: you are spot on.

Ok. Going off of what kaydeeloo asked. My son got the 7 tabs today. College AT, degree BAC is what is on the AIS. He wants to go into Sports Management. From what I can tell on the blinn team website, there is a pathway agreement for Sports Management. I’m confused.

2 Likes

7 tabs this morning…chose BT only…

8 Likes

Now that my daughter is in (college of architecture/construction science), I’m turning all of my attention to my son who is a sophomore in high school. He wants to attend A&M and join the Corps but he’s unlikely to serve in the military after graduation. He’s taken an aptitude test, but no major jumped out as the obvious choice. He’s a solid all-around student but not terribly passionate about any particular subject and he hates to read. He will likely graduate in the top quarter with a decent standardized test score; but he won’t be an auto-admit, so Mays and Engineering are probably out. He will apply on August 1. What major at TAMU would give him 1) the most flexibility to switch / most general foundation, and 2) the best chance of getting his first choice? I’m thinking economics or communications. (I realize if he is accepted to TAMU and if there is space, will get assigned his first choice regardless, but I’m wondering if there is a decent, big “default” major like General Studies or some such that he can use to build a good base of courses until he figures out what he wants to do with his life.)

Congratulations! Still check if you meant 7 tabs at Howdy. Process housing as soon as it opens. Check Financial Aid portal frequently.

Have your student check email frequently for Blinn portal setup. During NSC your student can ask advisor to set target major to SPMT, it may already show that in Howdy->Dashboard. If not, your student can have TAP advisor update major code during NSC.

Target major is needed because the financial aid qualification requires 12 hours towards the degree plan. The Dashboard can tell if your student is full time or not. Take this seriously as scholarship, grant and financial aid can be taken away if 12 hours requirement is not met.

Check the SPMT contract and when Blinn portal access is open, your student can register target Blinn classes even before NSC. Do everything asap not till the deadline.