Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes. And may be more in the coming days.

2 Likes

Actually posted in this thread 2 hours before your post but you couldn’t go back and read and decided to respond the way you did?

You have a great day :+1:

1 Like

Sorry reply you late.

1. Theoretically yes, but one has to decide what major to go before registering classes right?
  2. Kind of. If the student fulfill the requirement in COM (Change of Major), plus of course with a high GPA (e.g. 4.0 in both TAMU and Blinn). But the trick is, unless it is TAMU’s fault, TAP advisor won’t change major to whatever student likes just because he or she maintains 4.0.

The implications is financial aid. Dashboard in Howdy should show the major code student is targeting. If currently not, the student can ask TAP advisor to update. Major code is needed so financial aid can tell if student is full time or not. Without full time, all financial aid (subsidized loan, grant, scholarship) will be pulled out and student will have to pay in full even at the middle of semester.

For Mays, one can apply at any GPA but 3.7 getting in is very very slim. Transfer quality is always top notch (transfer from other institution almost everyone 4.0…) as they only have about 100 spots for external transfer.

Even if you have a 3.7 for Mays pathway?

1 Like

The admission agreement (contract) says 3.8 at Blinn, 3.8 on required classes and 3.8 at TAMU in order to be guaranteed. Anything lower will be holistic.

Note that if one gets in full time at TAMU via COM (change of major) the choice of changing major after that is very limited.

2 Likes

For applicants admitted to engineering at Galveston in the past few days, when will financial aid decisions come out? Will they be announced on the aid portal, via regular mail, or both? Also, since all students must live on campus at Galveston, what’s the rush/advantage in getting housing early — more choices, better rates, etc.?

2 Likes

Yes will be in Financial Aid portal, between now and school starts in August. Housing for Galveston is not as competitive as College Station so there is no rush but still don’t get it done too late.

2 Likes

So we just checked and see 7 tabs in Howdy and major change in AIS to Blinn!! We are cautiously optimistic that we have made it over another hurdle towards admission!

Edit: we had chosen Blinn TEAM only.

11 Likes

I’m in a similar boat to you. D23 is auto-admit and D24 wants to go to A&M but will not be auto-admit and all of this time spent READING this thread and LEARNING (ahem) will be of great strategic service this August when D24 applies.

A couple of thoughts about your S25.

• I wouldn’t pick economics as it is the second choice for many Mays hopefuls and could fill up quicker than you think.
  • If he’s serious about the Corps, talk to Corps advisors about majors that other students have had success in. The Corps can take up a lot of time and students often switch due to low grades.
  • Possibly look at the Ag school for a major he might be interested in? Like Ag Leadership/ Communication. A lot of students won’t want to do “agriculture” but those majors are generally well-rounded. Also TAMU just announced a new financial planning major and that they’re bringing back journalism as a major. Not sure when that’s starting but if it’s Fall 25, it could be good to declare one of those first before anyone else realizes they’re majors? lol
5 Likes

TAMUS is my first choice and I applied to the College of Engineering as a technology management major. I am starting to get anxious as my AIS still says in review and most of my peers have at least gotten options like waitlist and Blinn team. I know with Blinn team filling up it is less likely that I will be given it as an option but do I still have a chance of getting a full acceptance? I have above average grades and great extracurriculars.

2 Likes

Absolutely ditto what @LaFinalista said about the Corps, talking to advisors and choosing a degree like ALED from the Ag school. My son’s advisor (Corps son, graduated in 21) told him he probably didn’t want to take any “-emistries or -ologies” in the fall of his freshman year if he could possibly avoid it. It was brilliant guidance!

4 Likes

TCMG is very small and admission is limited. Since the change from College of Education to Engineering, the admission data has been unclear. This major is one of few not going through ETAM so it may require longer wait. If your AIS rank is outside first quarter or first quarter but not close to top 10% chances may not be high. Good Luck!

1 Like

Congrats! What major is she intending to pursue?

2 Likes

Great advice. Thank you!

@RachelMTAMU94 I’d also suggest test prep, take ACT & SAT several times, in hopes to raise the scores substantially.
Wouldn’t suggest Econ, but the suggestion of AgBusiness/Leadership might be good. Or find a major in Comm or Edu schools-not as competitive.
Start now by signing him up for Corps Overnight program, and anything else Corps related.

2 Likes

Thank you once again @FriscoDad, so helpful.
Last question(s). Since Mays requirements are very high for the guaranteed acceptance, my son is also interested in AgBusiness as an alternative. So will he set AgBusiness as his preferred major when he registers for Blinn Team and will he and his TAP advisor follow the Transfer Course Sheet guidelines for AgBusiness when selecting his classes to take? Then once he’s completed the requirements on the Transfer Course Sheet he can apply to TAMU fulltime?
Do you know how competitive AgBusiness is to get into for Transfer Students?
Is this scenario I’ve outlined with AgBusiness considered a Transfer and/or COM when he does apply to A&M since Blinn TEAM are “technically” considered A&M students?

1 Like

Applied Mathematics! :open_mouth: I am not a math person, so it’s all new to me. Older Aggie Sister is Allied Health, but am so thankful they will be together in Aggieland!

1 Like

Fantastic! I have students currently at A&M and Baylor. Both have nothing but love for their school! That’s great your kiddos will be together!

When should those who received their 7 tabs on Howdy and had their major changed this morning be accepted officially?

That’s what can be done. Note that AGBU has higher GPA requirements for COM. And the required classes better to be taken at either TAMU or Blinn, not claimed via DC in order to win holistic review. Student should aim at 4.0 all the time even though COM requires 3.25 minimum.

4 Likes