Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

If you meant in AIS, a day or two. Snail mail with banner in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Is off campus a better deal than on campus for the quality and price?

@Fj23 being honest, it’s late for housing at this point-on & off campus. Only you know your budget. Highly recommend taking a dorm tour. Dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit was paid-meaning those that paid first (in September) get 1st dibs. Housing deposit is $75 non-refundable.
There are plenty of places to live near campus, but make sure it’s on the bus route.

3 Likes

I still see some good apartments off campus though. Or at least they say they’re available.

1 Like

There will always be off campus places to live, dorms will be full with a Wait List-usually by March 1.
Off campus places offer better signing ‘deals’ in the fall. But there are MANY students who desperately need to sublet, so you can always get slightly better prices that way.
Don’t ever sign a lease without looking at in person, and I highly suggest having a realtor or attorney read the lease before you sign. There are definitely some shady property management companies in Bryan/College Station.
Just make sure wherever you live is ON the Aggie bus route.

3 Likes

The benefits of on campus housing for the first year are to meet people, to be near everything, and to transition to college life in a more supportive environment. Living in a dorm comes at a premium these days because of those benefits. Next year I think I will be paying $800/month for my daughter to live in a 4-4 at Lark and will pay nearly as much for my son to share a dorm room in the Commons (more if the meal plan is factored in). And still, it is worth it for the first year for many students.

3 Likes

@nachomama agree :100:…nothing beats living ON campus freshman year!

1 Like

Still don’t see link to complete phase 1 application. Got 7 tabs yesterday but able to login to myhousing portal.

1 Like

Does AIS show “admitted” yet? I don’t think you’ll have the housing option until that happens, and then it still can be a bit of a wait.

1 Like

Ah! I see, until you see Admitted in the AIS, these menu will tease you!

1 Like

Yes! Check the top of that same screen though. You will click on “Housing Applications” … Do you have that yet?

I don’t have that yet :frowning:

It will come! AIS needs to update first, and it will give you a button that says, “My Next Steps.” The wait is agonizing, but you’re almost here!

3 Likes

Some good options off campus are The Cottages, Park West, and Red Point. I personally I’m going to stay at Park West.

1 Like

Is Berkeley House nice? It’s not crazy expensive and looks really nice

1 Like

You definitely need to look at places in person. BH is close to campus, but one side of the complex backs to a sketchy parking lot/other housing…that has caused alarm for some.
All complexes will look good on paper/online. Do NOT book without doing extensive research (read REAL reviews) and actually viewing the property in person.

1 Like

My son will be at Park West also.

1 Like

I like park west but I don’t want to spend over $800. I heard they used to be a lot cheaper a few years back though.

Hi folks, regding Housing, if a Double Room rate says $3,857 on the Housing page, does it mean around $1929 per person ? Thanks !

1 Like

No, prices shown are per person. Dorm fees are per semester, Meal Plan not included (but mandatory for on campus freshman-regardless of how many hours a student enters with).

2 Likes