Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@Fj23 i can’t stress enough, how important it is to live ON campus as a freshman. You will miss out on so much, living off, especially if you’re not familiar with A&M. It’s just so much easier-you’ve got 2 cafeterias + fast food options, living with people your age, libraries & study hall options walkable, you’re just in the heart of it all.
You’re only a college freshman once…live on campus.

3 Likes

Has anyone received the official offer on the portal ? What are the next steps now ? Mine hasn’t updated to Blinn but major has changed to Blinn and we got the 7 tabs

1 Like

Okay…I know this has been asked multiple times, but what On campus options will be available to those just excepting Blinn Team at this late date? Just want to have a comprehensive list to start. Daughter is going to post on Insta page to see if she can find some roomies.

2 Likes

We are on the same boat :slight_smile:

She does want to live with at least one other roommate that is on Blinn Team. You have a daughter too…right?

Yes ma’am ‘ I have a daughter, she is 19 and wants to major in nursing or biology

1 Like

@WBCoolMom on campus housing is guaranteed…up until a certain point. The last couple years, that has been in the March 1-5 range. Once Housing is full, there will be 2 Wait Lists-Temp & Wait. Temp list is ‘higher’ than Wait.
Not going to lie, paying Housing deposit is LATE, in terms of dorm selection. But, your daughter can always ‘match’ with a roomie that has a much higher selection time and pull her into the room with her-that’s ideal! Or, she can take a chance and grab any open bed available during her dorm selection time. She can also go back after and switch rooms, if she finds a better dorm open.
I’d wait to sign an off campus contract…once you sign, there’s no getting out.

1 Like

My daughter wants to major in Business - Entrepreneurship. We haven’t received official acceptance either. But we know it’s coming. Maybe we can share their info and they can see if there is any interest in rooming. I can PM her bio she is posting. If I can figure out how to do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@52AG82 thank you. Do you know what dorms/apartments will have a better chance of availability? She really likes White Creek and I think I saw those may be easier to get into…but are there others we should be considering.

1 Like

You still need to wait for that “Application Status” to update. :slight_smile: You’re still in waiting mode. (When it updates though, the message is SUPER EXCITING!)

3 Likes

@WBCoolMom White Creek are apartments on West Campus, but are considered on campus housing. Historically they’re the last to fill-cost and distance. WC is a great option. They’re walkable to Mays-if your daughter is trying to pursue Mays-but doubt she’d even have a single class in Wehner/Mays while on TEAM, especially freshman year. The A&M buses run back & forth from WC.
Park West is popular, too, but I’d tour first. It’s a HUGE complex, terrible parking issues (but that’s most places).
Personally, I’d steer clear of Callaway House (Animal House reputation, super pricey and not so nice for that price).
Plenty of places to live.

3 Likes

For those parents whose students have gotten Blinn TEAM already, or who will be soon🤞🏼, here’s a helpful FB page to join.
Parents Only, don’t ask to join until your student has confirmed TEAM acceptance.

1 Like

I think i PM you lol I am still figuring out how this plataform works :slight_smile:

1 Like

If your issue is budget, off campus is cheaper, and look for one that each student has his/her own bathroom as this is the main reason why students move out of campus. Another reason is some off campus location is a lot more quiet for study. Just make sure the off campus living is not too far from the bus route (within 10 minutes walk to bus stop is acceptable). Some students use lightweight electrical assisted scooter (not full electrical) to stroll around campus.

TAMU campus is big, living on campus in first year allows students get familiarized the big campus. Students just need to work on their budget but remember don’t be shy reaching out to Aggie One Stop if you need more financial assistance.

3 Likes

I wonder when and if we will hear back from Financial Aid for those on Team Blinn offer.

Between now and even after school starts in August.

If FAFSA is on file and family income is less than $100K, there is always some grant (in green), then loans (in yellow). Accept the subsidized loans as those are interest free while at college (even if you set aside money for college). If by June still not much showing contact Aggie One Stop. Encourage your students do that themselves.

There is no need to apply Blinn side of financial aid, TAMU will send any aid to Blinn and extend payment deadline if necessary. However, sometimes when student sign up the Blinn classes they want ahead of NSC, they may want to go ahead pay the amount (~$1K) securing the class first.

3 Likes

Just do your research, my son has 3 other roommates so his is not that much. They also do have all utilities/bills included with rent, many do not. There are so many different housing options to choose from…good luck!

My son and 3 friends signed a lease at Park West. Close to campus and has the bus route right there. All utilities/bills and furnished was included with rent which was a plus for us. We did hear parking was a nightmare but with the money we were saving not paying the utilities we will put towards a paid parking spot in the garage.

And if you don’t have a roommate they will try and match you up with others that don’t have roommates.

1 Like

I replied.

1 Like

@Fj23 - if my son has a friend that paid their deposit back in September, can the friend request my son as his roommate and get my son into that dorm with him?

1 Like