Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@DallasSr23 yes! During Phase 3, that’s when roommates ‘match’. If they officially ‘match’, during dorm selection, the roommate with the highest time ‘pulls’ up the other roomie (into a room with 2 open beds).

1 Like

Daughter just checked AIS…“You’ve Been Admitted to Texas A&M - Blinn Team”! Yay!!!

11 Likes

Check your AIS! My sons was just updated!!

10 Likes

Did he end up switching majors before he received the 3 options? My son has similar stats and hasn’t heard anything? Not even a choice of Blinn Team or waitlist.

1 Like

yep ! updated !

5 Likes

He did not. We decided to just keep it as is. He has some friends that haven’t heard anything either. Hoping for another “wave” of TEAM soon.

1 Like

I hope so too. Congratulations to your son:)

2 Likes

She accepted !!! It’s official !!

10 Likes

And best wishes for yours! I know there are quite a bit of kiddos still waiting and I hope they hear something soon!

5 Likes

Accepted! Phew…

10 Likes

Howdy! Daughter got her official acceptance this afternoon. I might be jumping the gun here, but to those of you that received theirs, are you able to access your Housing Portal yet? We registered for NSC, but Housing Portal appears locked still.

4 Likes

We got accepted but no housing portal yet.

2 Likes

Sameeee here !

4 Likes

Congratulations to everyone!

Is there a particular data recommendation for NSC appointment? @FriscoDad

If you meant “date”, any date is fine. Earlier is cooler so your entire family can walk around entire campus. July is very hot and parents may just stay at the events. (I think the Library will give you paper fan if you sign up that session…)
After registering classes, it will be helpful for students to visit the buildings. Many freshmen late in their first classes in the Fall. Blinn students definitely want to visit the beautiful Rellis campus.

@Murprasad if you’re asking about date, I strongly suggest WAIT until school is out (prom & grad over, that chapter has closed). Student needs to be ready to focus on college.
1st NSC is guaranteed to be super crowded, unorganized and have glitches.
We chose mid July-much smaller, well oiled machine by then.
Book hotel (or dorm) for 2 nights-night before it starts and night of Day 1.
Parents only, no siblings; register/pay for each parent attending.

1 Like

how do we know when we can apply for housing? Does something pop up on howdy? How do you get your housing portal login?
Thanks!

Now that the wait it’s over, and we start our next wait and see, when will we hear back from financial aid and scholarship? Where will we find this info ?

1 Like

@LourdesPl71 wouldn’t hold out for a scholarship. There are (literally) thousands of very high achieving auto admits with near perfect scores & stats, all the bells & whistles on their resume, that never receive a dime from A&M. There have been multiple posts in the last week, on A&M parent pages about this topic, from incoming freshman parents.
Unless NM S/F, possibly National Recognition (not guaranteed anymore), from an identified Century Scholar school in TX, or high achieving need based…chances are slim-to-none your student will receive a freshman scholarship.

Grants, scholarships and Financial Aid will appear on the student FInAid tab in Howdy portal. It is up to student to check portal often.

1 Like

My son was just accepted today for Blinn Team on the Business route - Whoo Hoo!! He signed up for NSC but then I read he has to choose a camp with Team? I only saw one option that was Team with Mays, does he have to do that one or can he choose one that says college of Arts and Sciences - Team Program?

1 Like