Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

As @52AG82 suggested, DC applied automatically. You can verify with the degree plan, then TCCNS code (Texas Common Course Numbering System < Texas A&M Catalogs < Texas A&M University, College Station, TX) to see which DC courses automatically claimed.

AP you can send scores to TAMU, but don’t claim it. Your student can wait until senior year. Chances are your student needs those electives (Core curriculum) to boost GPA so taking them at Blinn or TAMU are better. This is not just important advice for TAMU, it applies to any college. There are some cases one should claim AP credits.

1 Like

This is actually very helpful. I have been trying to convince my CO25 son to get involved with some STEM related ECs. Both these boys go all-in on band, in fact CO25 plans to be drum major, but they don’t want to do music in college. CO25 says Robotics Team is too time consuming at our school, which may or may not be true, I don’t really know. I’ve been trying to encourage him to apply for a job at Code Ninja. He wants either computer or chemical engineering, not sure which yet.

I blame the HS counselor for not suggesting AP Calc BC to my oldest…he was just told to take AP Calc AB senior year so he did. He did take AP Stats and and an advanced Data Science class so I thought those were heavy enough math and science. AP Phys 2 wasn’t offered either.

COVID definitely affected summer activities for two years. I am not familiar with NASA HAS or any python or STEM camps suited for older teens. I guess I will go looking for those.

We have started test prep earlier with kid 2 to see if he has any shot at NMF. Kid 2 is much more likely to be top 6% anyway.

I am sure he will do very well there and without the stress of ETAM!

Hello, we are wondering if anyone knows what gpa is needed to transfer from blinn team to construction science major at TAMU? Thank you!!!

Here’s the TEAM pathway list; I don’t see a Construction Science pathway agreement (but maybe I’m not looking close enough).
Here’s the current transfer sheet tho. Always aim higher than the minimum gpa…

Google can pretty much take you to any link needed at TAMU

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

https://admissions.tamu.edu/getattachment/81f4664a-1739-45ea-927e-e630bff1874f/2022-2023-Construction-Science-TCS_.pdf

1 Like

Love Bama. We had a great experience when we went there for a game. Beautiful campus and people.

Curious if your daughter has heard anything after choosing both. Would you mind updating us? We’re in same boat.

Nothing yet. Not expecting to hear until after March 1st. BT just isn’t a good fit for her. She still has hope for a full admit to her major, but her chances are quite slim. She will be fine either way. She met with her major advisor at her second choice school today to map out a plan. We’ve discussed all of the potential scenarios that TAMU might respond with and what she will do.

1 Like

TAMU is SAT/ACT optional right ? So why does it now says she needs to submit these scores at Blinn? I’m lost . And if my daughter didn’t take ACT/SAT what do we do ?

• Submit TSIA/TSIA2/SAT/ACT scores ([test scores]
    1 ) to submit your entire score report.
    2. If you have taken one of the tests below, contact the appropriate testing agency to
    request an electronic submission of your test scores be sent to Blinn College.
    1. Send SAT scores to school code 006043 for Blinn College.
    2. Send ACT scores to school code 004068 for Blinn College.

Every college student needs to show readiness for college-level coursework in the general areas of reading, writing, and math. That’s what the TSI test is for. You can be exempted from taking the TSI test if you have SAT/ACT scores (google for what the scores needed are).

Your daughter is already accepted to Blinn Team. Submitting test scores to get exemption from TSI isn’t going to change that decision or take anything away from her. If you don’t submit adequate test scores, she’ll have to take and pass the TSI before she can register for any classes.

3 Likes

Where does she take the TSI ? We live in League City Tx, where does she registers for that ? Thanks so much !

Google. Ask on Blinn TEAM Fb page I’ve shared the link for several times.
Or wait for NSC Checklist on Howdy.

3 Likes

Any college offers this (including junior colleges). If she did dual credit she would have had to show this readiness.

4 Likes

Google TSI test near me

If ACT score meets 23 TSI is waived.

Detail below
https://asc.tamu.edu/TX-Success-Initiative/TSI-Exemptions/Exemptions-Quick-Reference

Ask your school counselor. Our high school offers the TSI on occasion for those who need to take it.

Random question…Daughter has accepted admission to Blinn Team for the fall of 2023. she has some college credits (15 hrs) through dual credit. She is also considering taking a course this summer at a local university in our home town. How do we confirm what will transfer? She would like to take one of the math classes in lieu of the freshman math 150. Her intended major is Public Health.

First check the degree plan. Public Health - BS < Texas A&M Catalogs < Texas A&M University, College Station, TX and the contract (2023 not posted but using 2022) https://tap.tamu.edu/TransitionAcademicPrograms/media/Gallery/2022-HLTH-Pathway-(TEAM).pdf

I think you meant Math 140. It must be taken at Blinn Rellis. If you look at the Blinn contract, it requires 36 hours of Blinn. If your student take too many hours outside Blinn then your
student will fail to fulfill Blinn contract and will not be able to transfer to TAMU.
Additional requirements are 2 Math and 2 Science with GPA 3.0 or higher, (that means a “C” will fail the contract as well). Dropping or retaking a Math and Science (allowed by Blinn/TAMU) will not be good for Blinn contract. Taking one of the Math classes outside of Blinn or TAMU will also be an issue in holistic review (those who take at Blinn/TAMU with B or better grades will be favored.)

Those 6 required courses (including math) must be B or better.

Most Blinn Math entry level courses are 8 weeks.

1 Like

Be careful, I’m not sure you can take a summer class before enrollment at A&M.

If you take a class (not dual credit for high school) at a community college then you are no longer a freshman enrollee and would be considered a transfer and may not be able to enroll.

Not sure if true, but I have seen this stated multiple times so you should confirm this on your own.

So can we expect a rejection letter at this time? My daughter hasn’t heard anything yet and I see that blinn and other offers have already gone out.
She has other great options, but wondering if there is anything left to hope for in regulars to A&M

1 Like