Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I emailed admissions@tamu.edu.

We got one about 1-2 weeks later. (We had already waiting about a month when I contacted them.)

2 Likes

My son just got in Blinn team this week. Had problems logging onto housing portal and finally got on this morning to do application. But was told he would have to go the wait list. How does the wait list work? What are his odds of getting housing? If he had a friend that is not in wait list can he ask to room with that person? We are very adamant that he live on campus as a freshman. When will we know if he’s off waitlist? Thanks for any guidance.

1 Like

@reth there are 2 lists-Temp List and Wait List.
Which is he on? Temp List is higher, guaranteed bed somewhere on campus (might start out in overflow housing-study lounge-but will have a bed & access to a bathroom, until a room becomes available).
Wait List isn’t guaranteed a bed.
Student can not match with anyone, while on either list.
Personally, I’d wait it out until May 1, at least. May 1 is when dorm contracts go into effect, and some will cancel their contract by April 30.

2 Likes

Thanks. Definitely wait list. It’s tough because we tried since Tuesday night to get in the portal. He forgot his net ID and even when we called to ask for help yesterday morning they gave us wrong information. I really don’t want him off campus.

@reth the past couple years, Housing hasn’t gone to full/Temp List until +/- March 5. It’s a full week earlier this year.
I’d still wait it out until May 1. There will be kids who decide to live off campus, once it gets closer to dorm selection time, and some kids will decide to attend other schools. May 1 is the magical date.
There is plenty of off campus housing.
I’m a firm believer in living on campus freshman year…but if student isn’t auto admit & doesn’t get acceptance until end of Feb/March, you really can’t count on housing. Those who are accepted late and/or don’t pay until much later, don’t have many options, for on campus.
Do NOT sign off campus lease, until you know for sure that’s where he’ll live…no way to get out of an off campus lease.

1 Like

Thanks. I called housing, and they said that waitlist started Monday. They also said that people getting on it now have a very good chance to get to choose a dorm and said the same thing about May 1. They also said everyone on the waitlist last year got a spot. So I guess we just wait it out now.

It’s definitely a week earlier this year, meaning more students/higher demand. Your son won’t have any selection, so just tell him that now. If he’s pulled up, he may get put in a room, or he may be given like 2 room options.
As long as he gets to Temp List, he’s guaranteed a bed somewhere on campus. Temp List needs to be your goal.
He still can’t room with a friend on Temp, but at least he’ll be somewhere on campus. It’s quite common Temp List kids start out in study lounges, until after classes start and some kids decide to leave or switch.

2 Likes

Just FYI, my daughter was offered the three choices on Jan 31 and chose TEAM ONLY, was accepted on Feb. 16 officially and she got her envelope in the mail this Wednesday. She is out of town on a trip, so it will be a fun surprise when she gets home! Best of luck to all and Gig 'Em!!

11 Likes

We got ours yesterday and my daughter was so excited!

5 Likes

Hi guys, I was waitlisted and I just wanted to know what the process now looks like. So when can someone potentially expect any changes to the waitlist if any? April?

Does anyone know when we will hear back about engineering honors ? I emailed but have not heard back and tried to call a couple times and it’s just a voicemail . We are OOS and want to plan a trip to visit as we have not been to TAMU campus yet but he only wants the honors program so it’s tricky I know it’s competitive and could go either way :blush:

@Jacki_Jones according to their website, applications don’t even close for Engineering Honors until March 12.
Most of the time, A&M profs/departments etc won’t reply or communicate with anyone but the student, fyi. For sure they won’t, after they’ve been admitted & are a current student.

1 Like

Yes around end of April.

1 Like

Thanks my son also emailed them and he had another question about ETAM first choice majors in the same email and he did not get a response so I tried as well. Thanks for this info tho super helpful

1 Like

@Jacki_Jones a great resource for all things TAMU Engineering is this FB page. They can answer just about anything. Parents only, no students.

Thank you so much I’ll join it :blush:

1 Like

Do we register for NSR for Blinn if we are TEAM?

No. You’ll do it at Tamu. Sign up for nSC and make sure Team is on that schedule. They’re not at all conferences. Fyi

1 Like

Hoping from some clarity. My daughter applied for freshman admissions in October. Friends with lower GPAs and test scores have been admitted. We understand holistic review and she’s very well-rounded. Portal says waitlist or TEAM. Am I correct that if she doesn’t receive either of those, she is guaranteed Program for System Admission? If yes, to the Program for System Admission, is the RELLIS campus an option or does she have to go to Corpus, Tarleton, or WT?

@SJR1 she is not guaranteed PSA (but most do get it, unless application isn’t complete, or super low scores & gpa). Did she select Wait List & TEAM option?
PSA are system schools; RELLIS is not a system school.