Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@Shruti ResLife has a great website.

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://reslife.tamu.edu/full-academic-year-application-process/?fbclid%3DIwAR2RB8YsbpbYclN4aochuhhayWPqS07IsGVKgmm4rZTqMMilSRy-fw49q3Y&h=AT2IO6_htDD4WTy6wn5TXcJ0rc38an3CKoQcz__H442qiFYHYXMVNgMSEUYm49gmRm1mQtw8MkzwVptmF5qQk2UlnzvKMczuCqzs7O0InRh_KxVzO-je4H80jqy7&s=1&mibextid=5zvaxg

Which other schools did you get merit from?

1 Like

Engineering
3.65 UW, 4.3 W
48/658 (top 10%)
1470 SAT
~20 hours from AP and DC

Yeah I got you
Mays Business - Finance
3.8/4.0
Around top 25%
1450 SAT

has engineering honors released decisions yet and if not when is it likely that they will start to release decisions?

1 Like

@Brilliant-Worry-6717 A&M websites are a great resource. According to Engineering page, Eng Honors applications still open until tomorrow.

1 Like

I have a question about white creek apartments if anyone can help. So basically I was thinking that my 3 friends and I could go for the 4 bed 4 bath apartments. But then I realized that there is no way to ensure that all 4 of us would be in the same apartment right? Because in phase 3 I would only be able to match with 1 roommate not 3 roommates. So there would be a very slim chance that we get the same apartment because that would mean that the other 2 friends need to match up together in phase 3 as well and then quickly reserve the remaining two beds right after we do. Am I understanding this correctly?

1 Like

@Aggie557 if two of the four friends have dorm deposit times close together, it could definitely work. The two with the highest times would ‘pull’ up the other 2, and the two selecting would try to get the same unit.
White Creek is usually the last to fill-cost and location. If all 4 have dorm deposits January or later, might not work out, but if two of them have fall deposits, there’s a chance.

2 Likes

If you are female, I have a friend who lived in Legett on northside. It’s corridor style, community bathroom, fantastic location, and my friend said she usually used the private handicapped bathroom b/c no one else did. Just FYI

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the language placement tests. I have taken three years of Spanish. Thank you in advanced for any information that can be provided!

A&M website and Google can pretty much direct you to everything you’ll need to know. There should also be info on NSC Checklist.

https://newaggie.tamu.edu/requirements/

https://liberalarts.tamu.edu/ints/placement-exams/

https://bims.tamu.edu/current/spanish-certificate/spanish-placement-exam/

1 Like

My daughter got admitted to Engineering Honors about a week ago.

1 Like

Awesome! Congrats!

Congrats! My daughter was also admitted to engineering honors about a week ago. The offer letter asks you to either accept or decline the offer without much detail. We haven’t finalized on TAMU yet but have paid the housing deposit and requested the honors housing. Just curious what “accepting” the engineering honors offer means? What’s the benefit/risk of accepting the offer now vs. waiting until we finalize on TAMU. Scholarships? Housing, etc. ? We’re inclined to accept it and not let the offer it sit.

@STEM2023 i can’t speak for Eng Honors specifically (I have a Business Honors child). But I can tell you as a whole…it never pays to wait for anything at A&M. Pay housing deposit asap, add Sports Pass to cart when they go on sale, book NSC for preferred date, etc. The ONLY thing at A&M that doesn’t require a mad dash/jumping on immediately is Parking…it is a TRUE lottery draw.

If it were my student, I’d accept the Eng HNR now. I see ZERO reason or benefit to wait.

Congrats on the HNR program, btw! Biggest benefit will be early class registration!

2 Likes

My son got offered Blinn Team- Mays. I am quite nervous with the 3.8 GPA requirement he will have to maintain his first year or two. He is strong academically, but there just isn’t a lot of room for error. What happens if this can’t be withheld? Not that he wants to, but is there an option to change majors while in Blinn Team? Sorry for all of the questions, this is all new to us and trying to weigh of of his options.

@Christineok students are not offered specific majors, within TEAM…they are all listed as Blinn TEAM majors. Many do choose one of the TEAM pathway agreements, and there is a Mays pathway.

@ChristiR93 can better go over pathway agreements, what happens if student doesn’t fulfill requirements, etc.

1 Like

If I go into AIS it says I have been offered PSA.

If I go under manage applications it still says under review. AIS has mentioned PSA for over 2 weeks now. I have never heard anything from the school other than what AIS says.

Should I assume I will not see Team at this point or might something still be possible?

So sorry. But yes it’ll be PsA. You won’t be offered team. Only those that chose waitlist or team back in January will have the possibility of team. There will be no more straight team offers.

Happy to help you work through psa/pta/straight transfer options based on your individual case.

Could I know when you submitted your application for Engineering Honors. I submitted mine around October