Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

I was just reading through this chart and noticed the alumni relation. I have heard from some that they felt their many family members that were former students counted against them. Do you mind clarifying “Per instructions from OAR”? Is this saying an applicant should not list siblings, parents and aunts & uncles that attended? We have many so I’m curious. TIA

@NTXMama Texas A&M does not give legacy consideration for admission.

1 Like

Thank you, just wasn’t sure if what you were saying was that they were counting against you.

@NTXMama Aggie legacy won’t help with admission, but also won’t hurt. It could help with random scholarships (example-Class of 63 grandchild-something like that), but definitely won’t hurt or help with admission.

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right forum but anyone here have a child in Blinn Team for the upcoming Fall semester? Our daughter registered for Math 1324 early to get her preferred professor and we just learned the professor was changed to one with low ratings. has this happened to anyone else?

Math is the worst when it comes to profs. This does happen at both blinn and Tamu.

1 Like

This is very common in all colleges in freshmen and sophomore years, changing professors or sessions in the last minute.

Math 1324 itself is not that tough, the tough part is that the class is only 8 weeks. Take the review of ratemyprof with a grain of salt. Never quite understand some students would give negative review to professors who require full attendance. The class is only 8 weeks, skipping even one will mean missing a lot of learning.

1 Like

I’m a high school senior graduating in 2024, and I’m interested in pursuing an Economics degree at College Station through the PSA program. I completed Dual Credit English courses with a B in 1301 and a C in 1302. Does this affect my eligibility for auto-admit transfer? Can I retake the courses if needed? Am I already out??

Replied in other thread

May I ask why kiddos should apply immediately? My son is interested in TAMU.

Space limited in some programs like Mays and Visualization. Top 10% applying late has no guarantee.

Outside top 10% it is more about finding if there are unexpected issues earlier instead of later when programs are getting full. Every year the same problem repeats when admission office are too busy processing holistic by January and many applicants rushing to ask questions or requesting fix of their assigned rank even SRAR errors.

1 Like

@YakkityYak never pays to wait-for anything-at A&M.
Several very popular majors fill quickly…no wait list.
Not enough dorms for all freshman. Dorm selection takes place in the spring, BUT selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is paid. Can’t apply for Housing until you receive acceptance.
If student isn’t Top Ten%, holistic review probably won’t hear back until after Christmas, unless very high test scores and 1st quarter.
Thousands apply at 12:01 a.m. August 1, especially if they’re holistic…hoping their application gets reviewed sooner.
A&M is HUGE & competitive… Snooze you loose.

2 Likes

Hi - my daughter applied for BA in Computing also. When did your kiddo end up hearing back on that and did he get accepted? All my daughter’s friends have gotten accepted, and she is still waiting (auto-admit but not to BA in Computing yet). She applied end Aug, and it has been 2 months now :frowning: She is top 10% in #2 ranked public HS in Texas so academics and ECs are solid.

@bonychat That is really surprising that your daughter has not been accepted since she is top 10. Does everything look good in AIS, all green checks, is the statement “app is complete and in review” at the top, etc? If so, i would contact admissions because somethings not right. Was SRAR input correctly, exactly as the transcript?

by the way, the current thread is Texas A&M Class of 2028 Official Thread

1 Like

Did anyone’s child get admitted to engineering last year after applying test optional? My kid has a 4.8 GPA, but she doesn’t want to take the SAT nor ACT. :woman_facepalming:t2:
I’m not sure test optional is the best approach for engineering…anywhere!! Thanks

1 Like

Soooo…I’ll be honest, I think applying to Computing may have been the wrong decision for him. He didn’t hear back until February and he did not get full admission, he was offered Engineering at Blinn. It confused me because I thought Computing would not be part of the Engineering at Blinn program. Everyone I’ve seen with similar stats that applied to General Engineering majors has gotten full admission and heard by Dec 31.

Any update? I’m curious since I see in Naviance out of the 154 applicants 43 have been accepted. By your name, I can tell which high school your daughter attends. My Class of '26 son graduated from there.