Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

PSAT scores will be converted to National Merit based index, top index is 228.

Index is double the sum of Reading, Writing and Language, and Math Test Scores . For example, a student with scores of 34, 35, and 36 would have a Selection Index of (34+35+36)x2 = 210

2 Likes

@FriscoDad although rare, we have an incoming freshman friend who is Brown-Mays/Business Honors. So not just STEM (but I’m guessing he’s the only non STEM Brown Scholar this year).

@voda2013 my Aggie was NM Commended. She applied in August (accepted September 19), prior to first round of scores coming out, didn’t have to contact A&M. She had her scores sent and they were alerted by College Board (I guess?) once they sorted out that years scores/index (Commended, Semi, Finalist).

Complete and in review! The waiting games begin. May the odds be in your favor!

4 Likes

@kcoug26 yay! What major(s) did your student apply for? OOS correct, so she’ll be holistic review.
Good Luck! :crossed_fingers:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

@FriscoDad @52AG82
Thanks for all your input and guidance. Collegeboard sent my SAT score to A&M on Aug 2. I will send in my application soon; need to write the 300 words essay in Scholarship section today. I should be NMSF for sure because my SI is 228. I will upload my PSAT score report via AIS.

2 Likes

Hoping y’all can help me with the following regarding the SRAR. My D has taken 4 Spanish courses between her Freshman and Sophomore years. Her highs school has Spanish for Spanish Speakers 1,2,3 and then the AP, each is 1 semester long, but is worth 1 credit, so 4 credits in total. How do I enter this in SRAR so that it is weighted correctly for her GPA ? If I select semesters it doesn’t give me the option to put the credits so I’m assuming it assigns 0.5 credits for each semester, but these classes are 1 credit each.
Thanks!!

@voda2013 thats awesome! Best of luck to you!
What major(s) are you applying for? Definitely try to get complete application submitted within the next week. Assuming you’re Top Ten%? If so, you want to be in the 1st round of admissions cycle, so you can pay Housing deposit, to get 1st dibs on dorm selection in the spring.

Thanks, applying for Business Honors. Yes, top 10%

2 Likes

Yay… Complete and in review!
Showing all 4 Greens on AIS.

Thanks so much @FriscoDad and @ChristiR93 for all the guidance and prompt responses.

My daughter is under holistic review.
Top 25% rank
Business Major

The waiting begins now.

2 Likes

Awesome! My Aggie is ‘23 Business Honors!
So, you apply Mays/BUAD, and check the box to be considered for Business Honors (I didn’t do any college app stuff with my girl, I don’t think there’s an additional BH essay?? There wasn’t in 2019).

FOR SURE submit the university scholarship essay! The majority of Mays scholarships are given to BH students. Scholarship application is due every year, for Current/Returning students (Oct 15-Feb 1), my Ag submits it over Christmas break.

BH is HIGHLY competitive, criteria based on stats/scores/rank AND community service/volunteerism, leadership positions held, extra curricular activities. They’re looking for a VERY well rounded, smart student.
If you aren’t accepted as an incoming freshman, there’s one more chance to apply-during December of your freshman year; they take 7-10ish then.

I can’t say enough great things about Mays and BH!

1 Like

@Ab2026 what are her test scores and what was her 2nd major choice?

Happy to join the “Complete and in Review” Crew. Whoop!

3 Likes

Yes Brown Scholars are for “STEM and Business majors, and pre-EnMed students pursuing engineering majors.”

2 Likes

That’s great PSAT! Apply for all scholarships possible, you never know where the inflation will take the cost to, even though you may have excess funds in Freshmen year. TAMU do set up Flywire for each student and refund excess scholarship to students’ accounts.

3 Likes

For high school, a class that is full year consider 1 high school credit, a class that is one semester is consider 0.5 credit.

1 Like

Us too! :smile:

3 Likes

All 5 green :white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Let the excitement followed by waiting, begin!!!

3 Likes

@FriscoDad yes that is how it works for all the classes in our high school, expect for the spanish for spanish speakers. She has a total of 4 credits in her transcript for these 4 semester classes - 2 full years. So it really does help her GPA.

@FriscoDad A Dual enrollment class will be zero credit…is that correct ?