Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

A dual enrollment or dual credit class count as credit, unless the course is duplicating what student is taking in high school. (e.g. AP Physics 1 and PHYS 205)
For TAMU student can submit the dual credit classes, but student can choose not to claim those hours (towards degree). Remember to submit Dual enrollment transcript as well.

1 Like

Dual credit will be automatically claimed on the college transcript and counted as 3 credit hours for college. It’ll be .5 if semester class for HS.

1 Like

See my reply below.

I assume your student took accelerated course work for Spanish.

I will suggest your student get an NetID (AIS access) first, then ask a question via AIS before locking and linking your SRAR. You may be able to enter the SRAR as SEM1 and SEM2 for the same class to reflect 4 credit but don’t do so before asking. Also, it will be a good idea to send AP scores to TAMU to show commitment.

Yes, @ChristiR93, Dual Credit applies automatically (whether you want it to or not, definitely not always a good thing), AP is applied as needed/wanted.

Took GOVT at Austin Community College (ACC) over the summer(1 month); so it shows up as 0 credit in High School Transcript. ACC transcript has it has 3 credit hours. So, consistent with what @ChristiR93 said.

2 Likes

I would think your HS would accept it as your gov (pols 206) course for credit (0.5) since it’s required for graduation. Or did you also take it as a hs class separately? If so, then you’ll input that on srar not the college credit. You’ll just need to send in transcript from CC for transparency and they’ll get it on your college Tamu transcript as a transferred course.

Is there a place on srar for college courses taken not as dual credit?

Did you send the ACC transcript to your high school? My daughter took multiple DC courses multiple ways. Some were on her high school campus and the DC was automatic and appears on both the CC transcript and the HS transcript. Some she enrolled in independently and took in the summer at the CC and then she had to have the transcript sent from the CC to the HS for dual credit. Otherwise it would just be CC credit. To get the HS credit you have to send the transcript to your HS.

1 Like

Yes, had the CC send transcript to HS. So course shows up on both HS and CC transcripts. Have sent an email to HS counselor asking why it says zero credit on HS transcript.

3 Likes

Do you know which Pols? Pols 206 - US government offered in public Texas high schools. Pols 207 - Texas government not offered at most Texas high schools. Possibility if completed Pols 207 no high school credit applied since not offered in high school curriculum.

1 Like

My daughter class of 2027 is applying engineering. She is planning to finish her application next week after she finishes her summer classes. She is taking chem1409 in HCC this summer will that help or worsen her chance to engineering?

ACC transcript : US Govt; 3 credits; Grade A (6/1/2021 - 7/3/2021)
HS Transcript : Govt; Grade 95; DR; 0 credit (shows 1 semester); Course 03330100
DR stands for D(Dual Credit) ; R (Summer School)

I checked the TEA Texas Codes website
03330100 United States Government Y GOVT .5

So as per above my HS transcript should show 0.5 credit

If the GOVT class code is GOVT 2305, it should show as 0.5 and equivalent to POLS 206. Just check with your HS.

For Freshmen admission, ranking and scores are what matters.

Your student is exemplary taking a college class in HS junior year. CHEM1409 is a 4 hour equivalent to CHEM 107 and 117 in TAMU, part of ETAM requirement in Freshmen engineering.

Your student DC credit will show in TAMU if enrolled, but your student can choose to retake official classes at TAMU. ETAM requires two science (and two maths) courses taken at TAMU so repeating boosting the chances of higher ETAM GPA. And waiving which particular class in ETAM depends heavily on which major student is planning to apply.

Yes, ACC class is GOVT-2305-079. Thanks!

1 Like

@ChristiR93 @FriscoDad @52AG82
Folks: There is a section of “TAMU Interest” in the Texas A&M application. It comprises of “Tour of Dorm, Attended Freshman Admission Session and etc. etc.” How significant is it for auto admits to attend these sessions. They are pretty much all booked, hard to get into for the foreseeable future.

For auto admits, not important. For holistic, every little bit helps but in the grand scheme of things, it’s not going to hold a lot of weight.

2 Likes

Are these in person, virtual?
I highly suggest taking a dorm tour, between acceptance and April dorm selection…but there’s PLENTY of time for that.
Agree with @ChristiR93 , if you’re Auto Admit, attending-or not-won’t have any bearing on acceptance.

1 Like

Generally in person. A number of schools/departments (excluding Mays) have virtual

Once you get accepted, I would definitely suggest taking Housing tour and Mays tour (if you haven’t already, tho we took a 2nd dorm tour, once my Aggie knew for sure she’d attend A&M). But no need to take either of those now.

For Holistic applicants, Admissions office DOES give :heavy_check_mark: marks-for taking official campus tour, attending Aggieland Saturday, Corps Overnight. Attending those things can show true interest in A&M, could potentially help with admission.

But if you’re Auto Admit, don’t worry. As soon as you get acceptance, pay the non-refundable $75 Housing deposit fee. Like, pay it AS SOON AS you get all the tabs, your Howdy gives you the Housing link. Pay before you even tell your parents you’ve been accepted, not kidding. Even if you’re on the fence about going to other schools, pay it. Dorm selection in the spring is all based on time stamp Housing deposit is paid.

2 Likes