Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hi….yes my son is top 1%, my daughter was top 3%, and my other daughter went to a non ranking private school. Transcript went to end of Junior year. Luckily all full admit Aggies👍 But waiting for official letter or admit for son, (6 tabs and Major and admit on Howdy)

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

I saw this on their website:

1 Like

So when you use ApplyTexas.org to apply to Texas schools you pay the school fee there. This is an UoH admission flag that they need to remove. Calling them, they said wait to Sept. admissions even sent me to Student Business Services. SBS said your son isn’t a student yet so they have no bill yet and to ask for an admission manager.

My son also has these 7 tabs! this morning his transcript was received so all green checks. These 7 tabs were instant. He is Texas Auto Admit too

3 Likes

My son has that too! Admitted Fall 2023

2 Likes

Not Sure if this is important but what majors are the ones who have 7 tabs ???

BS BIOL

1 Like

Engineering major

1 Like

Admissions doesn’t even want people to find out via the tabs, much less want to let people know they have changed it up a bit.

It is not official until their letter which is how they want people to find out. The tabs are just their internal way to setup the student in the system and over the years people found out. I would guess high 90% of applicants don’t even know about it. This page is all over it though :slight_smile:

Public Health top 10% got her tabs this morning :partying_face:

4 Likes

This year is crazy! My DD applying Biomedical Engineering - General Engineering just texted me from school that she got the 7 tabs! In August! Her brother had to wait til end of January (just seven months ago!) We all will be traveling there tomorrow to help the older one move into a condo near campus.

The tabs are confirmed admission as admission office is setting up the functions for admitted students. My girl holds off applying other schools that will be quite a lot of savings just on those application fees.

8 Likes

Wow congrats! Was he auto-admit?

Sorry should have read more comments before asking LOL

Yes :+1:

wonderful! congrats!! May I ask: I know she had a very strong SAT- was she also top 10%?

1 Like

For OOS students with high schools that don’t rank, is there a way to get those green checks sooner, or do they just have to wait for later in the app season? Daughter applying to Engineering has high stats, but I’m confused if that means she won’t find out until December? Thanks!

The process for OOS is pretty much the same with the exception of auto-admit. All OOS are review-admit, but at times it can still be fast if students have high scores.

Make sure SRAR linked, order and send official high school transcript early (yes one can send even before summer starts). Finish Common App application early. Once SRAR linked and official transcript reviewed, you will get all green checks and may have decision as early as late September or October.

2 Likes

Yes, her stats
GPA UW 3.96
rank 161/1621
SAT R/M 650/780
4 year HOSA officer (including this senior year) the rest are just volunteers

1 Like

For those of you who had a child apply to Arkansas - I called admissions today and they told me for F23 - they don’t pull over any common apps until August 31st and if you have all your stuff (transcript and SAT/ACT score submitted you will get an answer in September-October

This reminds me of when my D21 applied to Ol Miss - same thing

Glad TAMu has the check mark system

1 Like

For the people applying on the common app, are yall sending the common app essay along with the describe your life essay or just the describe your life essay (non-auto admit). The prompts seem so similar and it’s hard to talk about your accomplishments in both essays without both essays sounding similar.