Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Did anyone’s child take the online SAT test this past April? Scores we’re supposed to be released today but my D23 wasn’t yet. I called College Board and they said the scores are being released today.

Just checking is anyone got their scores.

Also - any insight on the Meteorology program at TAMU?

Atmospheric Science is a small department with about 150 undergraduates, about 25 to 40 students enrolled each year.

1 Like

Did you mean SAT ? - I thought it could never be taken online (this year)

Voda, college board piloted an online version this year to a small group of students as an experiment. My daughters feedback to college board was she liked the electronic version a whole lot better - but waiting for her results have been exhausting.

@TamuDad15 my D23 results came in about 2 hours ago. Email from college board, results were lower (by quite a bit) than paper SAT’s she’s taken. She was part of the April 2 digital Study.

Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

Re: Meteorology. Back in the day I weirdly had multiple friends who dated meteorology grad students. Make of that what you will. :rofl:

Wish you all the best, hope the results meet your goals and expectations!

Having a problem creating NETid, it says date of birth doesn’t match. Checked my submitted app which I downloaded before submitting — it was correct in that. Anybody else experienced this ? (Will call help desk tomorrow 8 am - 5 pm CST). Thanks!

Please let me know what the resolution is. Our son has the same birthday doesn’t match UIN issue.

I am trying to set up my NetID, but it keeps telling me my date of birth is wrong.
What should I do?
Please contact Admissions Customer Service at (979) 845-1060 to verify that the date of birth you entered on the application is correct.
If you are still having problems, please contact the Help Desk at (979 )845-8300.

****Also, I did read somewhere that it can take 24-48 hours for the system to update once you receive the email with UIN

D23 scores where mixed Reading up 30 Math down 20 for a net gain of 10. My daughter was very upset but on the bright side she gained 30 by swapping out.

Awe, sorry she didn’t get the increase she was hoping for. Curious tho, what do you mean she gained 30 by swapping out?

1 Like

@ChristiR93 i wondered that, too?

Her reading went up 30 points
Her Math fell 20 points

Her April reading was the online
Her May math was the highest - paper

I think she will send TAMU both April and May SAT scores, right?

Application was submitted yesterday and the self reporting submitted yesterday we just need to send the SAT scores

Yes, send both to show growth in reading, but just know they don’t super score (which I’m assuming you knew).

1 Like

We did same for our daughter too with the understanding that A&M doesn’t superscore. Total was same but individual section scores were different.

TAMU already pulled application from Common App (applied late last night) - we know it’s a few days for AIS

Other updates - apps pulled
Arkansas - crickets
Houston - need to input grades into their system
Trinity - crickets

D23 will be holistic
Applied for Meterology - :cowboy_hat_face::+1:

Good luck everyone

3 Likes

My son is interested in Mays and is an auto-admit.

Stats:

SAT: 1390
AP: 7 exams to date - one 5, three 4’s, and three 3’s
GPA: 4.0 unweighted
EC: DECA, Soccer 3 years (Captain 2 years), NHS, Community Service, Volunteer hours, has a part-time job
Strong Letters of recommendation

Should he go ahead and apply in August to ensure he is accepted? With his resume, should we have any concerns that he won’t get accepted?

If you apply in August, he will be accepted into Mays without question. If you wait til Oct/Nov/Dec there is no guarantee he’ll get Mays.

2 Likes