Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Top quarter. But your answer is about what we were expecting. Fingers crossed when the coin flips it comes down in our favor. One more SAT to go- hopefully it will be a really good one.

1 Like

I think you are okay because Texas A&M only has “Regular Decision”; no option of ED

2 Likes

Unless you are applying engineering, all the rest are regular decision.
Engineering has Early Action (if everything green-checked on or before October 15th).

Early Action is not early decision. Students can still be deferred to January.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Try taking residual ACT if you can. You’ll take it at Tamu.

Below 1300 still has a shot at full admit. Truly depends on whole application.

Don’t give up hope. Many pathways to Tamu. Tamu admits to university first then if your major is still open, they’ll put you in that (aside from engineering of course) So your major being competitive is more about it being popular/desired. So get app in early to get 2
Reviews before decisions.

1 Like

Curious - my daughters application has two very different major choices. She would accept admissions for either one.

In your experience - does TAMU offer choice #2? If the student does get into choice #1?

The 24-72 hours for SRAR probably doesn’t include weekends- hers was submitted Thursday night and Friday email said it was sent to TAMU - still have red check mark

You get first choice if available. Then second choice if not. No they will not offer both, if open at time of decision. HOWEVER, one can request a change of major before during and after NSC and if spots are available, they’ll move right into it easy peasy. If after NSC then you’ll have to wait to get classes you need for that new major once open registration period begins in August.

A&M has received my school transcript and it shows a detailed rank but AIS still shows

1 Like

I’m confused. It shows Top 10%. What are you asking or are you just showing?

1 Like

I thought it should show something like 6/566 as in the example shown by @FriscoDad (if high school transcript shows that). never mind, I now understand it just will show green checkmark for top 10%, no numeric rank values. Thanks!

Oh gotcha. Maybe they haven’t updated it yet or maybe they won’t be that specific this cycle. As long as the rank percent is correct, it all ends up the same.

1 Like

My son is a freshman and just moved in this weekend. His roommate is a meteorology major. In chatting with him, he said that TAMU’s program is one of the best.

3 Likes

Where do we find the engineering honors application? I don’t see reference to it on the TAMU admissions website or in common app.

https://webportalapp.com/sp/login_saml/application

1 Like

It will show either the exact fraction or top 10 percent.

1 Like

Thank you.

Does the residual ACT have some advantage over the regular ACT? He has taken the regular ACT and his score converted to almost the exact same thing as his SAT. He’s taken 2 SATS, 1 ACT, and of course the PSAT. All of his scores have been within 40 points of each other (ACT converted). He is remarkably consistent.

Gotta love consistently lol…

So the Residual ACT is an older ACT exam. He would take it at TAMU and it’s scored within 24 hours. The score is only good for TAMU (can’t send it elsewhere for admissions). It shows his major interest in coming to A&M. The exam is a little pricier. AND you cannot write on the exam, but will be given scratch paper.

Most students do better by a point or 2 on this. Which can be huge!

1 Like

Thank you! I will look into that.

@dawn3 Just my 2 cents, Chances of getting a higher score increase with preparation…hopefully he has time for it

1 Like

I’m hoping it will. he’s worked on it all summer.