Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Excellent. He probably sees an improvement in the practice ACT tests he took. Practice ACT test scores are a good gauge of actual ACT scores

SRAR linked - Class Rank - 1st quarter

D23 not top 10%

1 Like

Did you hear from Houston? According to my son’s Common App they haven’t even downloaded his application yet. I thought I read somewhere they don’t look at them till Sept.

Any one has more information about BA Computing? Just curious like a strange engineering degree but degree plan seems to be very similar to computer science.

It’s under Engineering but you do not take engineering courses like other programs and do not go through ETAM which to some is a blessing. Compare and contrast the degree plans to see if it’s a good fit.

2 Likes

BA Computing is a newly created degree plan. Similar to TCMG currently it doesn’t go through ETAM.

BA Computing is very small with about 20 seats per cycle. So unless applicants are auto I will advise against putting it as first choice. For non-auto, may be put a less competitive second choice and expect not to hear decision early.

2 Likes

Thanks, I find it odd that why they created this when Comp Science is so competitive even after ETAM, and what is TCMG?

In last few ETAM cycles, there were more auto asking for Computer Science than they can offer, a few received BA computing offer. So it is likely created due to the limitation of university resources.

TCMG is technology management, it trains future IT and project management professional. It is very hands on and different from CS (although TCMG is allowed to take some programming CS classes) But note that CS students won’t be able to configure Firewall or routers like TCMG students.

BA Computing degree plan looks similar to CS, but offers Liberal Arts core curriculum in Junior and Senior years so during registration time, BA Computing will not be able to get the hard-to-get CS courses aka “Computer Science Electives” as the formal CS students fill them up. That 15 credit hours of CS “upper-level” classes make a lot of difference.

If student is auto with AP CS A and AP CSP experience, the old saying “no pain-no gain” is still better. Grind through the ETAM and get the CS degree plan.

3 Likes

My daughter did the residual ACT at A&M b/c it’s the only date she could take and still get scores counted for admission her senior year. She didn’t do any better on it (score stayed the same). Do I think it helped her get into A&M? I really don’t know. It didn’t hurt. She did get a full offer admission with an ACT of a 28. We might end up doing the same thing with little sister.

3 Likes

It’s definitely something we’re going to consider for my D24, who will not be auto-admit.

My son applied to Houston on 1 Aug. All green. Found out if you send them the transcript from school then you don’t need to add grades. Also told they dont start the new admits until 1 Sept.

1 Like

We heard from Houston too - I did the SRAR but need to send SAT scores which we will do August 31st when last of her test scores are available

1 Like

Question about Blinn Team. We noticed that D23 chosen major is not listed within a degree plan at Rellis campus. As a holistic review candidate, we were hoping to get some insight into the correlation between chosen major and course offerings at Rellis. Would this effect her chances of being a candidate?

Blinn Team is at both Blinn Bryan and Rellis campus. I think you are confusing it with the many 4 year degrees that are offered at Rellis for TAMU system schools.

Your major may not have a guaranteed pathway, but there is a guaranteed path to TAMU if on Blinn Team. You would just have to “apply” to the major you want when you transition to TAMU from Team. What major are you wanting?

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s what we thought. Sometimes “advice” from others can lead you down a rabbit hole. Nutrition major.

ugh. same question here. wish I’d known that before we applied. majors we picked are not listed. Also, thought business did not do Blinn Team but found this:

Several colleges and departments at Texas A&M have created “Pathway Agreements” which guarantee direct entry for TEAM students if the criteria are met. These agreements are linked below.

Mays Business School

So, for those of us hoping for TEAM but do not have TEAM majors, should we change majors before review for admission? And can that be done?

Shouldn’t have to change majors. See ChristiR93 message above.

Program Requirements:

The basic requirements of TEAM include completion of 45 credit hours at Blinn College and 15 credit hours at Texas A&M during the two-year program. Students who complete the academic requirements transition into degree-granting majors through a change of curriculum process (no external application is required), but entering students are not guaranteed entry to a particular college or major in advance. (Entry into many academic majors is competitive based on criteria such as grade point average and prerequisite course completion.) It is possible to transition into some academic majors in less than two years.

So there is this and then there are certain majors, as stated, that will guarantee access. Here’s the link to those.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

2 Likes

I thought you would not be offered TEAM if you not selected one of those majors. So is there a “general studies” equivalent for TEAM for those who have not chosen a major with a guaranteed pathway?

You will work with an advisor at both blinn and tamu to take the classes needed for your intended major (regardless of if there’s a guarantee entry like Mays or no guarantee). Then you’ll apply as a change of major when you complete the Team requirements. Most are going to be accepted except for possibly small colleges like Arch/Viz/Perf. studies, etc.

Anyone can be offered Team… anyone, regardless of major. Just want to be super clear about that.

4 Likes