Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Our school had some kind of Naviance hiccup and they mailed the transcript to A&M. I asked in AIS and they responded they would accept it through Trex, a mailed transcript or an uploaded one in AIS. HTH

1 Like

High school registrars and counselors can electronically create and send official student transcripts to Texas public colleges and universities using TREx to access the SPEEDE server.

1 Like

Thank You! I’ll contact the school counselors with the information you gave and see what they’ll do.

1 Like

@Texascollegemom1 she definitely wants to be among the first to get admission-Mays fills up AND Housing is based on time stamp deposit is paid.
Figure out asap how to get complete application submitted.

Naviance is up now and submitted the transcript request. Hopefully, it’ll be processed soon. Thanks!

5 Likes

We’re making progress here! NetID received today, just set it up and linked his SRAR…he had his transcripts requested and sent to all the schools he’s applying to on Aug 21 and received confirmation that they’ve been sent on Aug 27, but there’s a red X next to his class rank…guess it will update in the next day or so?

Sheesh, you’d think I’d remember the process from my elder son…2 years wasn’t that long ago lol.

2 Likes

Transcript review is a manual process so that will take a day or two. And that’s after another automated process of matching students since your transcript arrived earlier than the application. So a trick is going to AIS to ask a question to “trigger” the process.

2 Likes

This was definitely different this year compared to my older 2 Aggies! My son got 7 tabs a few weeks ago and we kept checking manage application for updates. Still says complete under review.
After getting messages for permission for student directory and if we wanted locked or variable rate tuition we found he was admitted through student overview!
In HOWDY portal click My Dashboard then the 3 lines /Overview. His admittance was there just as pictured above! Just waiting for the “official “ letter & banner!

2 Likes

What part of the Overview definitely indicates acceptance? My son has had 7 tabs for weeks. In his overview it shows admitted fall 2023 college station but still shows engineering review for program and major with college undeclared. Does that mean accepted to TAMU but still in engineering review? Thanks!

1 Like

@Aggiiemom but still no Housing application?
Soooo different from years past!

1 Like

No housing yet! Engineering process is so different from other majors so not sure. Mine says admitted Fall 2023 for his major…

1 Like

Yes… still waiting on engineering decision.

Gah. We thought A&M w/ auto admit was going to be the first in (auto admit sounds so easy… right?) but D23 got her first acceptance today from another SEC flagship. Roll toddy eagle… pigs? :upside_down_face: Just goes to show you can’t predict this stuff!

1 Like

@LaFinalista my ‘23 Aggie heard from Mississippi State and UTennessee weeks before she got A&M acceptance-which was 9/19/18 the very 1st day acceptances were posted. She was offered Honors program with Miss State acceptance, invited to an Honors weekend in Knoxville with their acceptance…got automatic Mays/BUAD acceptance, but didn’t get Business Honors acceptance until November.
It’s crazy how they all have their own timelines, how they give acceptances, etc.

1 Like

@52AG82 Does A&M Mays Business Honors only review applications after the candidate is accepted to Mays Business ?

@voda2013 yes. Business Honors is selected by BH staff only, not general admissions; all are Auto Admits, accepted to Mays early. Invitations to BH start going out in November, with the last invites going out end of January. Last year over 2,000 applied, for 85ish spots.

whoa! about 4% admit rate…lets see what happens! Thanks

2 Likes

How hard is it to get into a specific engineering major if you get blinn/team? I’ve seen many people get blinn team and am just wondering if it’s the same difficulty to get into your major as what a regular fully admitted student would go through.

@pablazzz Blinn TEAM isn’t a pathway for Engineering. TEAB, Galveston, McAllen, BlinnBrenham and several other pathways are offered for Engineering.
ETAM process is used for all Engineering students, regardless of where they start.
@FriscoDad is the Engineering guru, he can better explain the pathways, etc. Definitely pays to know what you’re facing.

1 Like

Does anybody have data on how competitive the Engineering Honors is? The official wedsite says 10% of the class, but out of how many applications?

1 Like