Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

We want to apply early but don’t feel we have final good essays

A&M applications opened August 1, mid September definitely isn’t early. A&M dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing application fee is paid (can’t pay Housing until student gets acceptance) biggest incentive right there to apply early.
If your student has A&M as their top school, get that app submitted ASAP!

My daughter submitted app late August. She’s not auto-admit but is top quarter in a tough school. SAT is 1530, ACT is 34. Both are a single sitting. She’s taken 7 APs that have been scored with scores of 5s and 4s. She’s in another 6 APs this year. She’s applied to Mays. Does she have a shot? If they still had the rule from a few years ago, she’d be auto-admit, but …. they don’t. She hasn’t heard anything yet other than her application “is complete.” I’ve heard Mays is really tough to get in if you aren’t auto-admit.

@SlimJim005 I’m a Mays parent. Of course I can’t say for certain, but I’d say your daughter has a pretty solid shot at Mays…based on SAT/ACT, course rigor and the fact she applied in August. Is she NM Commended or Semi? How far from Top Ten%? That may determine a lot.
Mays only takes a set amount (I haven’t looked recently, somewhere around 1,125 maybe?) so it’s small college.
I’d encourage her to meet with a regional admissions officer, hopefully she’s already taken official TAMU tour (they do ‘count’ those things).

Yes, 1,125 for 2022-23

https://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan/

@52AG82 She is NM Commended (1430 PSAT),but she’s not close to Top 10%. She’s in pretty tough HS, and she has too many Bs. However, her test scores show that she can handle it. Her AP scores: Statistics - 4, Physics 1 - 4, APUSH - 4, Psychology -5, English Comp & Lit -5, Spanish -5. Sophomore year was her bad year and the only AP from that year was World History-3.

1 Like

@SlimJim005 make sure her NM Commended certificate/designation is noted in her application. Commended will help.
But not being close to Top Ten% could hurt.
@ChristiR93 your thoughts?

Oh sweet baby girl… she’s going to be just fine getting into Mays. She not a bubble applicant. She applied early. She crushed her sat/act. She crushed her AP exams. She’s done all she can do. If she doesn’t get into Mays straight seat, I’d be shocked and I would be mad.

What is her 2nd choice major?

2 Likes

Is it best not to list engineering as both the first and second choice major? Would it be better to list engineering as a first choice, and something in the College of Science as a second choice? And, if so, is it possible to change the second choice major after the application has been submitted and received? Dear daughter and I sincerely appreciate your help. She’s right outside the top 10%, so unfortunately is not an auto-admit.

1 Like

There are several schools of thought. If she’s set on engineering then stick with it. But if she’s open to another major, then list major 2.

Is everything green-checked in AIS? If so, high scores and strong classes have good chance.

1 Like

How long does it take for SRAR to get linked? It’s been 3 days for us.

1 Like

Give it one or two more days. AIS usually update early in the morning. If taking more than a week than ask a question in AIS.

1 Like

Do you know how to send the transcript to prove top 10% ? My son said it can be uploaded and some people said it needs to be mailed. It looks like TAMU doesn’t accept naviance electronic submissions. Thanks!

My daughter asked her school to send it electronically (hard copies can be sent by the school as well) to all colleges she was applying to. The school doesn’t have Naviance though.

Our school doesn’t have Naviance. We request our transcripts from the school registrar (there is a link on our counselor website) and they are sent electronically to colleges through ScribOrder. The whole process takes about a week.

We had the same issue w/ naviance and D23 asked A&M on AIS. They said they would receive transcripts via TRex, snail mail or uploaded on AIS.

1 Like

We sent a transcript using parchment (at the direction of our HS) and A&M notified us that they wouldn’t take it. So don’t waste your money that way like we did.

Can we upload the transcript through AIS? My son requested a hard copy.

Hallelujah! Twin 1 FINALLY just hit the submit button on his TAMU app. He was dragging his feet on finishing up his supplements and essays :roll_eyes:.

He’s auto admit, but will have to wait for engineering review, so :crossed_fingers:t4:!!

Comp Sci/Computer Engineering are his 1st/2nd choice majors.

3 Likes

You can simply upload an official copy of the high school transcript in AIS via the my documents/upload documents feature.

To verify top 10% it does NOT need to come directly from the high school. That is only required from A&M afterwards to prove graduation.

1 Like