Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

There are lots of applicants who attend suburban tough high schools in the top 10% to top quarter range who are applying. Very few of them have a 1500+ SAT with those AP test scores.

My nephew had a 1320 SAT and is applying to Mays. Top quarter (around 20%ile). We’ll see. No calculus this year.

1 Like

A cut throat high school counselor said the top quarter students have high SAT scores. It is consistent.

1 Like

Question regarding the major: My son picked Computer Science as first choice major when apply, now the status in the portal shows Undeclared College - Engineering Review (BAC). Is this normal?

What’s considered “high” and does that apply to general admission or refer to competitive majors?

All Engineering students enter as General Engineering, then go thru ETAM end of freshman/or during sophomore year, to determine their major/Engineering field.
Be sure your son understands the ETAM process.

What do you mean by the top quarter students have high SAT scores, it’s consistent. Did the counselor assume that top quarter kids all have high SAT scores? Just curious. THX

He was just referring to his high school where he worked as a counselor for many years. About 20% of his high school seniors get admitted by UT each year.

1 Like

May be better taking UT out of this forum. UT only take top 6%, and even most top 6% got soft rejected by offering COLA. TAG and UNT(TAMS) are the only two with 20% UT acceptance in Texas.

3 Likes

The decision waiting is painful - submitted application 8/3 - not Top 10%

Hopefully will hear something soon - I’m guessing by Halloween

We heard a couple days before Halloween on my '25 who was top 15% and applied later in August so it is reasonable expectation (but doesn’t mean it could be sooner or later based on overall resume.)

Honestly with top quarter and in the 1300s, you robs my won’t hear til January if going by prior years. High scoring tol quarter will get the nod in October/November time frame but those are pretty much slam dunk cases.

If there is something else like ECs and essay that really sets up apart, then there is a chance to hear back in 2022.

Just wanting to set the expectation.

3 Likes

Curious, do you remember test scores? That’s really early to hear back unless engineering or super scorer. So if there’s a chance for others, would love to have the stat.

She went score free so truly holistic review as she applied in late Aug of 2020 during Covid . She had a killer essay (i feel), plenty of extracurriculars and volunteering etc.

She applied 8/26 and was accepted via 6 tabs & applied for housing 10/29.

If this is an outlier I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up on dates so listen to the experts here, but this was certainly the case for her.

2 Likes

What’s “via 6 tabs” mean?

Well now its 7 tabs. But if your student looks in Howdy (not AIS) they have 3 tabs in Howdy after they apply and they get setup in AIS. When you get 7 tabs in howdy that means you have been accepted and you find out before the official letter comes in the mail or even email etc. It means they accepted as they have setup all your IT systems and you get a sneak peak of that (and can also pay your housing deposit, once that opens). I just noted that date because I just looked up the date we paid her housing deposit to answer the question.

1 Like

7 tabs in “Howdy” example @clouddream23

2 Likes

Thanks all! My son also got this 7 tabs but the status is still showing under review for majors. He is applying engineering, I guess the earliest time to come out is around the end of Oct based on previous posts. Waiting patiently though…

@clouddream23 was your son top 10% or was he a review admit?

He is top 10% but review for engineering major .

Check Howdy, dashboard,overview