Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

You can upload but TAMU will be notified as well.

2 Likes

@ChristiR93 Thanks so much… any idea on what document(s) to upload?

@52AG82 knows the most on this.

1 Like

The first page of the hard copy you got is sufficient to upload. Black out the “Username” and Password" before uploading.

3 Likes

@Ab2026 and @ChristiR93 I’m probs not the best person for this. My Aggie was Commended in 2018, she did it all. I do think she uploaded her Commended certificate, nothing more, and that was enough to get it added to her TAMU acct.
Sounds like @voda2013 gave the correct response.

:arrow_right: to any parents with a student who has been identified as Commended or NMSF-
For Sure have your student upload the appropriate document/verification to TAMU asap! A&M definitely likes all levels of NM!

2 Likes

I am no expert on these matters but I think this kind of letter should work

4 Likes

You guys rock. Thanks for the intel!!!

2 Likes

Any announcements on when top 10% admissions decisions should be released? I read earlier in this thread that the corp announced they would be released sometime this week.

Someone posted a message from ResLife that said Wednesday.

1 Like

Twin D23 both received emails from the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences with virtual event opportunities. One twin received an informational session. The other twin received an invite to attend the 2022 Hunger Summit, choose a current event topic, and present findings. Email from recruit@ag.tamu.edu. Curious if this is common. Any insight or feedback greatly appreciated!

Both applied August 1, holistic review.

My S23 also received the invite to the Hunger Summit. He is researching the event to see if he can squeeze in the pre-work in between all his other commitments. Fall of senior year schedules and college dual credit classes are intense for him now. Good things all around, but not many days with a break.

1 Like

Is Commended really considered? I thought only NMSF mattered. My son is Commended and I didn’t even think he needed to mention it. Of course he will, but I’ve never seen them brag about the number of Commended students as they do about NMSF.

Absolutely submit Commended status!
My Aggie received President’s Endowed Scholarship-guaranteed for NMSF & Finalist-and besides her rank/gpa/leadership etc, I am certain her Commended status earned her one of the few remaining ‘non NMSF/F’ spots.
A&M loves to boast about all levels of NM; they may not brag/publish Commended numbers, but it could definitely set your student apart when it comes to scholarships, honors programs, awards.
TAMU is so competitive, helping your student ‘stand out’ never hurts.

4 Likes

So if our child was called in by the principal with a group of others during the spring to be told they were being considered for NMS…but then found out he didn’t make the cut for the semi-finalists this past week…does that mean he
commended? Or should we expect if he is commended to also be informed during this time frame about that?

@KLR_97 i believe NM Commended certificates/notification should’ve already been notified, since NMSF has been announced. I know every school does it slightly differently tho, how they ‘announce’. Has your school/district announced their NMSF?
There is definitely a NM Commended certificate that is given.

1 Like

Only the SF have been announced. I will inquire. Thanks.

1 Like

We are in same boat, but will definitely participate.

1 Like

Texas A&M University will receive a list of students from College Board who have received National Recognition. No further action is required. Please continue to check your AIS page for updates.
Thanks and Gig 'Em!
The Office of Admissions

Here is the response we received from A&M admissions.

5 Likes

What does it mean if my daughter has been assigned to first quartile in AIS, as far her admittance chances? She goes to a private school and just missed the top 10%, she was actually the next student in line but her school does not rank past 10 percent. She has a 31 ACT and 4.1 GPA, cheer captain, NHS officer, lots of other extra curriculars. Thanks in advance to anyone who might have some info!:slight_smile:

Awe that is tough just being outside the top 10 % especially if the school doesn’t show actual rank like 51/500 to show how close she was.

She still has a solid chance of full admit. Hard to fully say without seeing other holistic reviews get admitted yet.

What major? And does she have any dual credit or AP?