Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

4 Likes

@ChristiR93 agree! Once the Hunger Games of dorm selection is over, rarely ever do I see any posts about dorms. There’s the occasional post about a leak or fire alarms being pulled, but No One ever complains about dorm location.
There isn’t a ‘bad’ location, since freshman classes are literally ALL across campus, no matter what major.

2 Likes

@52AG82 Wanted to verify something with you, in AIS it does not show that a BH decision is in review/pending. I assume that is okay ? In the application I did say “Honors Interest YES”

@voda2013 BH will not show up in AIS. The BH staff selects, sends their own USPS notifications, on their own timeline, nothing guided/dictated by the university.
Every honors program does things slightly differently-from requirements, qualifications, admission, etc.
It’s in the hands of the BH staff now.
BH is an incredible program!! BUT, Mays is fantastic, with or without BH. Promise!

1 Like

New extracurricular and employment have been added to senior year. Thoughts on if we should and how we can communicate through AIS?

1 Like

New here. I’m a holistic applicant, applied late August. My school only ranks top 10% so I’m first quartile. 3.6 UW GPA and 1480 SAT (780 math/700 rw), 4 years of fine arts and JV/varsity athletics. Work pt at a math center and private tutor. Applying to math/statistics. When should I expect to hear back? And what are my chances for admission? Thanks!

If you haven’t uploaded a resume, you can do it there. Or just update resume. But I wouldn’t do this often. Make sure it’s complete if you’re changing it.

2 Likes

You have an excellent shot. Well rounded. Solid math and overall score. Gpa looks average but since unweighted, hard to say. Depending on course rigor, that’ll either lean in your favor or away.

Any AP or Dual?

I will have 12 AP courses taken as of graduation, all other core courses are GT/PreAP. My weighted GPA is 4.3, but yeah, I struggled a bit just due to time with my extracurriculars. Thanks for feedback, it really helps!

You should be just fine! Hang in there and keep us posted!

1 Like

Thanks again, will do!

S23 and I attended a recruit night in our area yesterday. The AO stated they will wait till after Dec 1st to compare all holistic reviews for admit across the board to be fair and see which ones to offer to in January. Do you think this is accurate for this year or just this speech given to everyone?

She is very new and we haven’t had an AO in our area for many years she said (drive 2-3 hours or Zoom to talk to one). She lives/works 2-3 hours away but is the assigned AO to our area now.

Wow. I really hope that isn’t accurate. It would be highly unlikely any review candidates would be able to get into Mays in that case.

1 Like

They tend to say things like that throughout the cycles (under promise and over deliver mentality).

We should start to see holistic review candidates come through soon:

2020 cycle:
High scoring/all majors started to hear at the end of September (holistic)
Oct. 20th: Mays/Bims/Eng were the majors that were highly reported on this forum.
Oct. 28th: test optional holistic reviews started to hear back.
Mid Nov: All review candidates in all majors were hearing back (not auto admits) and Mays was then full.
Early Dec: OOS students started to hear.
Mid Jan: Gateway/Team/waitlist options
end of Jan: Engineering students who were in review heard back.

For 2021:
Mid sept: top 10% all majors
10/20: Top 10% engineering review moved to gen. engineering
10/21: Top qtr high scoring (1400 plus) started to hear
11/3: Top qtr high scoring again
12/3: Mays offers went out. some got mays who listed as 1st choice and some got their 2nd choice. So with this group, Mays went to full capacity.

That’s a rough synapsis of how the last 2 cycles went. Before then we had Academic admit so high scoring first qtr students were “automatic”. Not to mention, we went to test optional for those who applied in Fall of 2020 for starting Fall 2021.

6 Likes

Not sure about how majors differ, but the admissions page states that engineering applicants who meet the Oct 15 deadline will have a decision by mid-December.

This is incredibly helpful, thank you!

1 Like

They will have a decision my mid-December but just know that that decision could be deferred til January. Then in January, they may get the choose between TEAB or Galveston/McAllen campus for Engineering.

1 Like

Thank you for the past timelines - you are awesome ChristiR93

Funny enough S23 received an email from Admissions about 30 mins after my post stating his file is complete and he should hear results Jan 1-late March.

Think they are following the forum also? :rofl::rofl: :thinking:

3 Likes

My daughter’s application has been complete (all green checkmarks) since mid-August. Today she got an email from the AO saying following:

"Great job! Your Texas A&M application file is now complete. Next, your file will go through our holistic review process which means it’s our turn to review and assess everything you’ve provided. Please continue to check your admission status weekly in Applicant Information System (AIS). Generally most students in review will receive a decision between January 1 and late-March. "

I hope this is a sign of the next admission wave approaching soon.

1 Like

I will agree that MOST holistically reviewed students do hear back after Christmas break. But high scoring students will hear back before then. And then there are always some review students that get in where we are scratching our heads as to why they found out in October/November. But we all have to realize (while emotions are not at play) that we, on here, do not have the full file and students can be medium or even low scoring and get in before someone with a 1400 plus. It happens. But just know every holistic applicant gets their whole file reviewed 2 times minimum before a non optimal decision is ever reached.

2 Likes