Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My kiddo went to discover aggieland earlier this week and really loved it. I’m really hoping she doesn’t have to sweat it out until January, but she’s prepared if that happens.

1 Like

You won’t be alone. So much stress in the waiting process but somehow it doesn’t make the decision come any faster, lol. I swear I refreshed AIS/Howdy every 30 minutes when my kids were going through it.

4 Likes

Got the same email today and I applied late August. Someone else on another forum applied 8/1 and got the same email today. I believe it means they are actually reviewing holistic applicants now even though all our apps have been in review for a while.

1 Like

Someone applied last week also received this email. The school counselor said no need to rush to submit if you are not auto admit.

I think that depends on the major. There are some majors, like Mays Business, public health(?), etc. that have very limited seats, so those fill up quickly as applications are reviewed. I would still try to get the app in as soon as you can.

1 Like

My daughter received same email - she applied August 4th - she’s not too stressed because she’s received admissions to other colleges she applied - hope A&M doesn’t wait too much longer

1 Like

Came over to share that my D23 received app completed email from admissions. Good to see similar posts

3 Likes

Same!

I believe this means that they have finally completed receiving all of my daughter’s materials. I know that our school doesn’t send transcripts until sometime in September after schedules can no longer be changed. My daughter applied August 2. We aren’t expecting to hear back before next year. Big sister - who is a junior at A&M - heard back January 21- happiest day of her life!!!

2 Likes

Banner arrived Friday👍

5 Likes

S23 just received word he was selected for the 22-23 cohort of the Norman Borlaug Youth in Agriculture Program! Only 25 rural kids across Texas were chosen and the 6 month weekly classes will also have 3 in person weekends at TAMU College of Ag under their professors (his applied for major). Does he write a letter to admissions adding this to let them know? It would be a top 10/8 event if he had known he was selected before applying to TAMU on 8/1. (homeschooled so holistic review). TIA

4 Likes

Congratulations! If your student was notified via a letter or email, print them in pdf and upload via AIS. Update the resume and also upload via AIS. There is no need to write another letter.

2 Likes

congrats! that sounds wonderful!

1 Like

That is awesome. Congrats. And follow Friscos answer.

1 Like

Has anyone ( non auto, 1500+ SAT, 1qtr) heard back? Do you think we can expect to hear back this week?

Haven’t heard anything yet. But it seems pretty early still.

I don’t think y’all will hear til mid October.

1 Like

@Foxblu too soon (I think). We have an auto admit friend who just heard Oct 1.

@Foxblu we are in same boat as you. Expecting to hear something by 14th or 15th based on the last year data shared by @ChristiR93 and/or couple of other active members.

1 Like

So sorry if this question has been asked before… does placing a housing deposit at TAMU mean that you have officially accepted your offer of admissions?