Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

In some school district, high schools guide through everyone on FAFSA. TAMU won’t even look at FAFSA data until next year after admission.

1 Like

After passing the early action date, engineering review students will be tallied and admitted applicants will start seeing full admission to general engineering.

We have 7 tabs on Howdy this morning!! How do we log in to my housing portal? Do we need to wait for the log in instructions? Thank you.

1 Like

When have engineering top 10% applicants start hearing from engineering on acceptance traditionally? I know deadline is this week… will they start sending out engineering acceptances soon? Son is top 10% and has already been accepted to tamu (just anxiously waiting on engineering acceptance)

Happy to report 7 tabs of a non top 10% student!!!

12 Likes

Go to housing tab and follow the info from there. It should be pretty straight forward.

They should hear Shortly after the deadline.

1 Like

Congratulations… which major?

Computer Science.

4 Likes

Did anyone receive an invite for NMSF event at A&M? My daughter is semifinalist and didn’t get any invites. However, her friend did get one (semifinalist too). Is it because that my daughter’s NMSF might not be updated or any other reason?

Mom of another non-top 10% with 7 tabs this morning. Can we apply for housing yet, or do we need to wait? I did this with my son 6 years ago. It was 5 tabs then, but he was in the Corps so we didn’t have to rush with the housing application.

3 Likes

Congratulations…which major did you your kid select? Thanks!

Congrats to the non-top 10%s who got in today! Would you be willing to share their test scores?

3 Likes

Just checked with my daughter and she can see additional tabs. Business Major.

Daughter still doesn’t know that she has been admitted and spouse wants her to know through official notification. I am now confused if we should wait for official communication or just tell my daughter and pay the housing deposit :-)… good problem to have.

Additional details:
Top 25% rank
1500+ SAT
NMSF

Thanks to this forum for all the help specially @ChristiR93 @FriscoDad @52AG82

7 Likes

Top 25%, ACT 36, NMSF, 3.95 unweighted.

6 Likes

D23, Major in MIS Business Major as first option got the 7 tabs too. When we go to housing tab, do we have to make decision on which hall and room type to select or are we just paying the housing registration fee?

1 Like

I think it needs to show Admitted in AIS before we can do the next steps, which I believe would be registering for NSC then housing next. Can anyone confirm?

No, you don’t have to register for NSC before paying the housing deposit. I paid my Aggie’s deposit the morning we saw his five (or how many were there last year) tabs.

Can you please let me know if we are just paying the deposit or selecting housing, right now? how do I go about paying the deposit?

You’re completing Phase I, which is paying the deposit. I don’t know how ResLife has it set up now. It should be logging into Howdy! and following the reslife tab.