Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Did he have his “Whoop You’re admitted” message in AIS already? I get an error when I try to log into the housing portal.

@Ab2026 congrats to your daughter! I’m a Mays Mom…personally think it’s the best major around!
Remember that’s she’s been admitted as BUAD; specific majors aren’t declared until soph/jr year.

I’m confused tho. How do you-the parent-know she’s been admitted, and your daughter doesn’t?? You have her log in info? Personally…I’d share with her, then hand the reigns over to her. Parents should not be checking, she’s the student. Once she’s at A&M, her Howdy log in should be hers only.
Absolutely pay the non-refundable Housing fee as soon as Housing tab/link allows (2 step process, don’t stop until she gets confirmation). Appears to be a wave of non auto admits accepted today, dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is paid.

But from this point forward, don’t log in, the student needs to take charge & ownership. Trust me, they can handle it, and it’ll set them up for success in college.

Off my soapbox :sweat_smile: congrats again on Mays!

*as far as the friend that got the NMSF invite. Was the friend auto admit? If so, maybe that’s the difference?

I’ve read a comment or two above that reslife may take a day or two to work properly. Maybe search for the word “error” and see what others said.

1 Like

@Collegemichmatt congrats on Mays!
All entering students are BUAD (like General Engineering), majors aren’t declared until at least sophomore year.
Right now, you are just paying non-refundable $75 Housing deposit, which guarantees your student a spot for dorm selection in late spring. That’s it.
It’s a two step process, don’t stop until you’ve received confirmation.
*ResLife link won’t open until student has been fully accepted. Keep refreshing link until it opens.

2 Likes

@52AG82 thanks. When I try to loginto Housing portal with NetID, i get an error “login into StarRez portal failed”. I am assuming we need to log into Housing portal to pay the deposit?

1 Like

@Collegemichmatt Housing link/portal is always glitchy. System will crash during dorm selection. And even tho you may see 7 tabs, that doesn’t mean student has been fully accepted yet, just means acceptance is coming.
Keep refreshing ResLife/Housing portal/tab until it opens (could be within an hour, might not be until tonight or tomorrow). Have credit card ready!

1 Like

@ChristiR93 @FriscoDad @52AG82 Can you all detail about the housing and how you log in? Do you have to have an official acceptance or do you have to just see 7 tabs? Also, do you log in with NetID? Thank you for explaining. It seems many have not received an official acceptance; however, can they do housing applications with just 7 tabs?

@Freshman19 the 7 tabs indicate acceptance is coming. That could be momentarily, it could be in 2 days. Housing portal won’t open until the system fully recognizes (for lack of a better term) that student has indeed been accepted-this is true for any student who has applied.
Keep refreshing Housing/ResLife link/tab until it lets you in.

1 Like

Once you gain access to the housing portal (we were able to once AIS officially changed to Whoop! You’ve been admitted!), then your login is whatever Net ID your student created @tamu.edu

It’s quite easy/self explanatory once you gain access. You can get to the housing portal through the tab in Howdy.

1 Like

How long did it take to change?

There is no need to be anxious, you son is already admitted. Engineering review serves only for tallying total applicants and a final check of high school credits. (top 10% is one of three auto-admit requirements)

3 Likes

Within Howdy, Housing(StarRez), Financial Aid and Dashboard share the same security (NID) access. There will be a link in your Howdy main page to access Housing. Its standalone access is here

7 tabs (the extra 4 tabs) means admission is setting up student enrollment access, so kind of like the indication of acceptance. The student will be heavily using these tabs in all their years in college.

After 7 tabs should be a day or two to for housing portal access to work.

1 Like

Twin 2:
Applied 8/28
7 tabs appeared 9/2
AIS changed to admitted 9/22
Housing portal accessed and phase 1 completed 9/22

Twin 1:
Applied 9/11
7 tabs appeared 9/16
AIS changed to Admitted 9/22
Housing portal accessed and phase 1 completed 9/22

Both are Auto Admits

7 Likes

Thank you so much!

TAMU held several of them (Fall, Summer and Spring), you can also upload the NMSF letter to AIS portal. If you want to “alert” AO you can also ask a question there. You can also email the event planner directly at nationalscholar@tamu.edu

2 Likes

Thanks so much @52AG82.

We as parents know that she has been admitted due to multiple tabs. Asked our daughter to check if she got multiple tabs after seeing the updates here. She confirmed that she can see the multiple tabs bud didn’t connect the dots that it is confirmed admission. We don’t have daughter’s Howdy login :slight_smile:

NMSF invites are not admission (as per A&M website update) based and I don’t know if they are auto-admit.

1 Like

@Ab2026 great! Y’all are doing it right! I’d go ahead and give her a heads up this afternoon, when she gets home from school. Say something like, “scuttlebutt says 7 tabs means acceptance is coming, so be checking often, we need to pay Housing deposit.” It could be today, it could take a couple days for her to get full acceptance…she’ll still be excited!

No rush, but I highly recommend joining this FB page, strictly for admitted to Mays Parents. Must answer ALL questions to join.

1 Like

You’re just applying for housing and paying nonrefundable deposit. You don’t select dorms til April or May.

Congrats to all non top 10% getting those acceptances. Today is the day I start keeping tabs for next year on the calendar of events. It appears all of you that posted, had high scoring students in the top quarter. Let me know if that is not the case.

@friscodad did Engineering change the rule on top 10% automatically getting into Engineering? I know of at least 4 students personally that were top 10% but low scores and were offered TEAB or a choice of a non engineering major. The most recent one is class of 2026.

4 Likes