Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congratulations! TAMUG is a secret jewel of a college. All of the benefits of Aggie-ness but a smaller, tighter-knit community. A member of my family was able to easily double major in BIMS and Marine Bio and could just switch semesters between CS and Galveston if they wanted.

4 Likes

I’m sure you know that TAMUG also has the corps of cadets. They even go to College Station for march ins, events, etc.

3 Likes

Just logged in to attach NMSF letter to the application and see that engineering review has been updated to acceptance into the College of Engineering and there is a button to register for NSC!

5 Likes

My daughter wants to either double major in Marine Fisheries and Marine Biology or possibly get her Master’s in Fisheries. She loves the smaller campus and all the opportunities they offer in Galveston.

2 Likes

For those of you receiving acceptance - are you receiving an email telling the applicant a decision has been made?

My D23 got into all the colleges she applied but TAMU is her 100% top choice and she anxiously checks Howdy regularly - applied 8/3 not T10%

PERFECT! My family member who did that Marine Bio/BIMS major got so many opportunities at fisheries along the coast. So excited for your daughter.

1 Like

Twin 1 is still in Engineering Review, no changes or NSC registration button yet

Yes, that’s normal for acceptance as admission office is setting up student access. These 7 tabs will be heavily used by your student in the next 4 years. Don’t worry much about the HSC account for now.

1 Like

Ok thanks! I didn’t remember a separate HSC login when my son went through this, but that’s been six years so a little has changed.

1 Like

Congratulations! Make sure wait for CS decision as well. The housing is the only issue on the wait.
Besides Corp of Cadets, please also look into TAMU MA (Marine Academy) in TAMUG, it is one of six in US and easily the best with highest job landing rate. TAMU MA LO option has no military obligation.

4 Likes

YES. THIS. Of course it’s not for everyone but the maritime academy is a fantastic opportunity that can result in great (immediate!) job offers in the Houston/ any coastal shipping hub. (Again - can you tell I have Sea Ags in the family? And they know the people who are PROPERLY driving ships through canals? :grimacing: :+1:)

4 Likes

Son also got into engineering. Auto admitted early September and just got into major.

4 Likes

Is this the 7 tabs?

5 Likes

Yes it is! Click on either My Dashboard, then Overview and you’ll see some other information. Then click on My Record from that same place on the Dashboard, then Registration Readiness… You should see a date when you got the seven tabs. At least that’s what we see…

Thanks

We were in holistic review!!!

Do you mind sharing Stats and major?

Top 18% competitive school varsity football…lots of extracurricular act= 33 …98% psat so just missed commended… of 4ap math and science classes major industrial distrubution but would be general engineering the first year

4 Likes

Thank you and Congrats!

Not sure if this is the right forum to post but looking to get some comparison/ thoughts between UT Austin business and A&M business program. Thanks!