Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@Ab2026 McCombs and Mays are both outstanding business schools! IF your student gets into both, it really comes down to campus preference (I think)-do they want to attend UT or TAMU?
Best to take tours at both schools-campus and business school specific-and decide.

3 Likes

On curriculum, status, professors, job opportunities, I can’t think that either Mays or McCombs hold the advantage. Generally, I would say the student body at UT and A&M would be a big difference to consider but business students are… business students everywhere and for a reason. If you have the opportunity to attend both, go and see where you’d enjoy spending 4 years of your life. That’s all it comes down to.

4 Likes

My D can login to her housing portal this morning, but there is only a home tab, no link to apply. Is that normal and it will eventually update, or is she looking to pay her deposit in the wrong place?

My daughter’s looks the same, only a Home tab. She got 7 tabs in Howdy on 10/11, but her AIS has never updated… Still says “in review.” Has your daughter’s AIS updated yet? (And from previous posts, yes this is the right place.)

Same! Okay, they’ll just have to be patient a little longer. Let’s hope AIS goes official today!

AIS just updated to “You’ve Been Admitted!”

4 Likes

Same!

2 Likes

Thank you all for your help and updates.
Holistic review (1Q)
3.94 gpa
1520 SAT
NMSF
Engineering major
Strong course load
Good ECs

Official Admission notification on portal today.
Paid the housing deposit.

5 Likes

That’s how it was for my son as well. There were several hours between ability to log in and start application.

1 Like

My son got his admittance letter to engineering today. He applied 9/26.

Key stats: 1520 SAT (770 verbal / 750 math), NM commended, 3.7UW GPA with 12 APs including Physics 1, Physics C:E&M, Chem, Calc AB and BC. 1st quarter class rank.

He had a strong list of activities and wrote pretty compelling essays about what he wants to do in engineering.

Paid housing deposit today. Whoop!

6 Likes

Okay, I have a stupid question. With test optional, my daughter is horrible test taker with severe test anxiety. Her ACT was a 21. Her GPA is 3.79 with great extracurriculars. When she met with an admissions advisor this summer, he said that her score was low and not to submit, as it wouldn’t help her. Does she submit her low scores or not?

No. She would only submit the scores if they helped her application. It doesn’t sound like they would, and the admissions advisor suggested as much. She has a great GPA and extracurriculars so let admissions focus on those assets.

In a similar way, my son’s class rank was outside the top 10% but his GPA and rigor were strong. We didn’t think his class rank was going to enhance his application, so he elected not to report it on his transcript.

1 Like

Absolutely not. A 21 will hurt her.

2 Likes

You have to provide rank if your school ranks. I’m confused.

2 Likes

@weikel12895 i wouldn’t submit a 21, can definitely work against your daughter.
What major? And what’s her class rank?

1 Like

My understanding is that every Texas public school reports the rank for top 10%. Our school is “non-ranking” meaning class rank is not automatically reported on the transcript if outside the top 10%, but our students can opt to have their rank reported if they want.

Okay gotcha. If non ranking out of top 10 then Tamu assigns a rank.

1 Like

Correct. They assigned him top quarter, which was accurate. He’s in the top 17%.

1 Like

So why wouldn’t you show that he was top 17%? Sounds better than top quarter.

2 Likes

17% is less than top 10% but better than top 25%. It’s pretty much right in the middle. We didn’t see it as a benefit for his applications as a whole. He can’t pick and choose which colleges see his class rank. For some, and I’d include TAMU, being outside top 10% isn’t a benefit. We thought everything else on the application could stand alone.