Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

My D23 AIS page is showing she has been admitted, but AIS has only 6 tabs. Can someone help me understand if this is normal or something we need to monitor for few days.

Here are the submission details -

In State, Top 10%, Applied for Business
Common App Submission - 10/4
Login ID received - 10/7
SRAR linked - 10/8
Transcript uploaded in AIS - 10/14
All Green checks - 10/19
Admitted message - 10/20
BH received application from Office of Admissions - 10/20

1 Like

@AHS does she have a link to Housing portal?

Another data point - DD got accepted to TAMU and Mays from holistic review last week. 34 ACT top quarter (HS doesn’t rank, so we don’t know where she ranks - not top 10% though). 3.9 unweighted GPA.

1 Like

@52AG82 Yes… It is in the message but it is not working. We plan to check tomorrow to put in the deposit

@AHS Housing portal won’t open until student has been fully accepted, might even take a day or two, keep checking. Housing deposit is a two step process, so don’t quit until you get confirmation that the next step is phase 2x.

1 Like

7 tabs in Howdy, not in AIS.

Congrats.

My D23 got 7 tabs in Howdy this morning and her AIS was showing that she was admitted this afternoon.

Housing application for her is not active yet, too.
I will check it tomorrow.

You can find the admission letter under the communication tab in AIS.

===

OOS, Visualization
applytexas submitted - 10/12
SRAR linked - 10/14
All green checks - 10/17
Admitted - 10/20

6 Likes

@mjns509 wow! That’s really late to apply, and to get accepted to to Viz! Congrats!
We’d love to know your daughters stats.

4 Likes

@52AG82 Thanks a lot. She was very surprised that she was accepted to Viz so quickly. She did not know how quickly she needed to apply. We were expecting a long waiting time and thought there would be little or no chance she would be accepted to Viz because she applied too late and is under a holistic review.

She is so excited because this program is one of her top choices.

Her stats are

OOS, top 1%, GPA 3.9/4.7(uw/w)
ACT 35
NMSF, CBNRP

3 Likes

I’ve spoken toTAMU admissions on numerous occasions and they insist that majors do NOT make any difference in admission. Only which school you apply to. So, if you’re in College of Arts and Science, it doesn’t matter which major you apply to. Having said that I’m secretly hoping that the majors do matter bc the department my son is applying to is very small. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for this!! I really hope so!

1 Like

Done with Phase 1. Phase 2 will open on 10/26. Thanks @52AG82 for your help.

1 Like

Welcome! My daughter is a first year Viz student and CBNRP national scholar too.

1 Like

Does this mean I am an automatic admit. I am confused because my high school does not rank. Thanks.

What are you referring to? Don’t see any other posts from you to base an answer off of.

My picture didn’t attach and it wont let me attach a pic.

My AIS says that my app is complete and in review and it says:
CLASS RANK (Top Ten Percent)

But my school does not rank. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks

1 Like

Oh wow. That rarely happens. What are your scores? But yes, you are automatics If they gave you top 10%. Congrats.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m still not celebrating until it is official because it seems strange to me.

My SAT is 1470
My GPA is 4.0 unweighted 4.45 weighted.

I attend a very small school with less than 50 in my class. I also have a lot of DC with a 4.0

2 Likes

@gfloyd05 when did you apply, and what majors?

I applied 10/12. Chemistry.

1 Like

Got the seven tabs in AIS for my DS this morning!! Been checking daily. :grimacing: Does this mean definite admittance? What do I look for next? TIA!