Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@classof20271 7 tabs in Howdy, not AIS.
Son needs to be checking Howdy portal often, watch for Housing link to open.
What major and when did he apply?

1 Like

Okay so I’m only seeing 4 tabs in Howdy. I was checking both last week and I believe she only had 4 in AIS until today. Oh & I meant DS not DD! My older son just started college this year so he’s still on the brain! She applied 8/10 for Business.

To be clear, it is the Howdy site that goes from 3 to 7 tabs as a precursor to being admitted. What are the name of your 4 tabs in Howdy? [AIS has these tabs which don’t change (as far as I know): 1 - My App Status. 2 - My Bio Info. 3 - My Test Scores. 4 - My Documents. 5 - My Communications. 6 - Contact Us.]

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion! I’ve been logging onto her HOWDY and then clicking on AIS from there. I tried to post a pic but it won’t let me. When I click on AIS, it shows Admission Type- Freshman, Term- 2023, Major- Business Administration, Location- College station and college and degree- BAC. I don’t remember seeing that last week when I logged onto AIS, but I may have missed that! It’s still showing her “application is under review”.

OK those are typically always there. Save a screenshot of the Howdy and AIS pages so you can refer back to them later. That’s helpful to see if anything changes.

2 Likes

How can you find out which majors are small enrollment? I am specifically looking for stats on RWFM-Aquaculture and Fisheries Management Track.

awesome thank you!!! I’ll be on the lookout!

1 Like

Check on dashboard in howdy as well. That show info before decision as well.

There are several ways, one of them is the accountability report, make sure you select First time At Level, Undergraduate, and the right department and major.

https://accountability.tamu.edu/All-Metrics/Mixed-Metrics/Applied,-Admitted,-Enrolled

2 Likes

@classof20271 what did your daughter list as a 2nd major and what are her stats?
Tell your daughter she needs to checking portal daily. Be very careful about logging in to her acct. Once they’re students, Howdy can freeze if it’s suspected more then 1 person is logging in. Huge no no. Not sure if that can happen for just applicants, too? Wouldn’t risk it.
She is definitely looking for the magical tabs to appear in Howdy, not AIS.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s really good to know about Howdy! Oops lol! She applied around the first of August but it took a week or so for her to connect SRAR, etc. She has a 4.2, 31 ACT, lots of honors and a few AP & dual-credit classes (our private school does not offer very many AP classes). Her school does not rank past top 10 and unfortunately she is the 9th or 10th person out of her class of 80 people which puts her just outside the top 10. She listed communication as her 2nd major. She’s cheer captain, NHS secretary, national charity league, treasurer and tons of volunteer hours. She bleeds maroon so we’re hoping and praying! We have a long line of Aggies in our family but I went to smaller school. Hoping to live vicariously through her lol!

1 Like

@classof20271 I’d say she has a better chance at getting accepted to Comm. Mays still could happen, but it’ll just depend on how many applied, with scores/ranks above her. Can you tell what rank TAMU assigned her? It should be listed somewhere.
Definitely loop in your daughter, get her to start checking daily.

1 Like

She would take communications for sure! She was assigned Q1. I’ll loop her in!

3 Likes

I applied August 1st still in review, Applied to Bush School
Major- Political Science / Backup - International Government and policies
I have spent the night with the corps and have shown tremendous interest in joining. Been checking howdy and AIS everyday since application went through. When is usually when admissions will accept? I’ve heard it could be until December/January.

Look for ChristiR93 post on Sept 27th for previous years timelines for admit. It is only stats, nothing official from admissions. Wish you well in “The Waiting Game”

@Bduff what are your stats?
This is the timeline for holistic review, from TAMU Admissions page-

Did anyone hear about May’s Business Honors yet? TIA

@Ab2026 BH invitations won’t start going out until November.

1 Like

The only thing my DD has heard from Mays Honors is an email telling her how to apply that she received a couple days ago.

Received a USPS mailed letter on Thursday from TAMU Business Honors saying that application is under review & decision letters will be sent Nov 1 - Feb 15.
@Ab2026

1 Like