Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

Have any non-auto-admits heard yet? My daughter didn’t get an email stating that she’d ‘hear sometime after January 1st’ or anything like that. She’s not auto-admit, but she is Top Quarter and has a 34 ACT, a 1530 SAT and a lot of APs with scores of 5 or 4.

1 Like

@SlimJim005 what were her major choices?

First choice was Mays. Second choice was College of Arts & Sciences, and I think she may have put either Psychology or Economics. I’m just not sure what her back-up was.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 have you seen any non auto admit get accepted to Mays yet?

congrats! So you were holistic admission, right? Not top 10% auto admit? so there’s hope of hearing from them before next year!!! we homeschool so no auto admit. but he has 4.0 uw gpa and 4.0 dual enrollment through West Texas A&M so I hope that helps! with Covid and homeschooling it was hard to get a lot of extra curriculars in…

My DD is non-auto and was accepted into Mays on Oct 13. She is top 11%, 1510 SAT, 11 AP’s with scores of 4 and 5, 4 years marching band, various clubs and job as swim instructor

3 Likes

@TxMinnie My guess is that the big difference is that your daughter is Top 11%, where as mine is much closer to 24%. So, mine ain’t in Mays at this point — and might not make it to Mays at all.

I heard elsewhere that holistic applicants who apply to majors with smaller classes won’t find out until after January, regardless of their stats. The mod there said it’s because they can group them all together and pick the most competitive applicants from the pool. Has anyone heard or experienced this? This is for the other majors that are not as popular (not Engineering, Mays, etc.).

That’s correct for small enrollment majors.

1 Like

Still early now, there are 8 weeks before winter break, can be any week.
If her essay address the rank directly it will be greater chance. AO unlike department (SOP for transfers) is more direct in reading essay.

Wow! My son’s desired major is tiny - AGSM. It may be a while then. :pensive:

13 people in 2021 for First Time in College undergrad.

@TxMinnie thanks for your reply. High SAT and super close to 10% made the difference. Congrats!

@SlimJim005 I’m guessing it is rank that’s keeping her from getting a decision. With such high SAT & ACT, I can’t imagine she won’t at least get 2nd choice major, if she doesn’t get in Mays.

2 Likes

Where do you find the enrollment data?

https://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student#enrollment

I don’t think so. Only autos. But there have been some holistic with high scores that have gotten in already to Tamu. Just don’t remember major.

This kiddo should definitely get in soon which would put them in Mays.

Edited after reading that top 11% made it in. I still believe top quarter and over a 1500 and act of 34 should get Mays.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 there was a reply from @TxMinnie. Her non auto admit got into Mays Oct 13.

2 Likes

Lol just updated. Our posts overlapped.

1 Like

Ah, our major had 26 first time college enrolled in fall '21… not much better, lol.

1 Like

My daughter also got into Mays on Oct 13. Top 12%, 1540 SAT, NMSF, 13 AP with scores 4 and 5 and 4 years Varsity Orchestra. Her friend got into Mays same day. He is TOP 11%, 1490 SAT and many AP with scores 4 and 5.

4 Likes

Congrats and thank you for the info.