Texas A&M Class of 2027 Official Thread

@voda2013 they have definitely changed some things up since 2018. I didn’t even know my Aggie had applied to BH-she did all the app stuff herself-until a big packet came in the mail Nov 4. We opened it up and it was a Welcome/Congrats/You’re Invited envelope. I looked at her and said, “Didn’t even know you had applied?” She replied, “Forgot it did!” :sweat_smile:
There was nothing showing on AIS she had applied, no communication until the packet showed up in the mail.

1 Like

Applying to Business Honors entails just tickmarking a box in response to “Do you want to apply for Honors”. Nothing extra needed - so really easy.

2 Likes

@voda2013 i know you’ve seen this link, but thought I’d share with @TxMinnie & @Ab2026.
The Mays website kinds drives me crazy, soooo many tabs & links.

The stats on the graph aren’t totally accurate, as there were 2,000+ that applied last year (my Aggie was a recruiter), but avg class rank is accurate (scroll left to see it, if viewing on a phone).
It helps to know what the program is looking for, some ppl think they’re just wanting NMSF or a valedictorian.

https://mays.tamu.edu/bba-business-honors/what-we-look-for/

1 Like

@52AG82 Except for auto-admit; all colleges talk about the holistic process; no one says its about standardized tests/stats. :grinning:

1 Like

@voda2013 true, as my attorney husband says, “it’s all about CYA”:rofl:

There was a dad couple years ago who came on CC, was all worked up, couldn’t believe BH denied his son, who had something like a 1510 SAT. Kid had very little else, besides high rank-no leadership, no awards, very little extra-curricular activities. He was quite ugly actually, couldn’t believe his kid wasn’t accepted.

Just trying to keep it real. A&M is an eye opener to many students & parents, definitely isn’t the A&M it was in the 80s & 90s. It is highly competitive.
It’s often hard for high achieving students to grasp they aren’t the smartest student anymore (especially if they are coming from schools that aren’t terribly competitive or non ranking). There are some seriously smart kids at TAMU…

A friend attended the President’s Endowed Scholarship induction this past weekend. She jotted down some stats for this current freshman PES class:

520 PES c/o ‘26
215 NMF
267 NMSF
53 Brown Scholars
48 Eagle Scouts/1 Gold Award

3 Likes

I have been accepted. Now what? I am kind of doing this on my own and I have no idea what to do next. Sign up for housing? I have a binding early decision with another University that I won’t hear from until mid-December so I am not sure if there is anything I can do at A&M without messing that up. I got my acceptance 3 days ago but not sure what to do next. Will I receive something telling me what to do? Thanks.

@gfloyd05 congrats! Chemistry?
Pay the $75 non-refundable Housing deposit NOW (it’s a 2 step process, so don’t stop until you get confirmation that the next step is phase 2).
Paying Housing deposit is NOT accepting A&M, simply securing a spot for dorm selection in late spring. And dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing was paid…pay NOW.
Don’t sign up for NSC (New Student Conference), that is accepting TAMU.
If you decide to attend elsewhere, make sure you cancel your Housing contract by April 30.

5 Likes

Last year they had a BH zoom informational call for students that had applied. The invite email went out in early November and the call was November 18th on a Thursday evening. Some on the call had already been accepted to the program others were waiting a letter. Not sure if the call will be happening again this year but check email if interested in hearing more about the program

I’m devastated. Almost four weeks passed, and the A&M Galveston application still has the status “not complete” only because Maritime Academy can’t sign that it received his application. What makes me really sad is that my son wrote two emails and got no answer; he called several times and received only: “wait for it.” The last time he persisted in knowing what the problem is and what he could do, they answered him: “I can’t find anyone who can give you the answer now.” (10 am on a working day!) My son said, “It feels like they are not serious enough…” So heartbreaking! He was so highly motivated.
Does somebody have experience with Maritime Academy?

I realize it is frustrating when you don’t control things but devastating may be a bit of an overstatement. There are lots of colleges out there.

1 Like

@Ava100 I’m confused, has he been declined from acceptance, or still waiting? When did he apply?

1 Like

He send his application and all additional documents in first week of October and it still have one red “X”. Status of application: “not complete.”

1 Like

@Ava100 it should show exactly what isn’t complete in his application. Is he automatic admission, or will he be holistic review?

1 Like

His major ask to did additional “Maritime Academy application”. My son send it three weeks ago, and it still sign like red “X” on list of documents of the A&M Galveston application.
I knew, it sounds confusing…

@Ava100 does sound confusing, but not devastating. Does he have confirmation the Maritime Academy application was submitted?
Has your son already been accepted to TAMUG?
Is this the email he’s tried contacting?
mailto:tamma@tamug.edu

Thank you for your questions and email!
He saw conformation on screen after he sent it, but didn’t receive email about it. Is problem here?
He hasn’t accepted/not accepted because his TAMUG application still in status “not complete.”
He wrote emails to another address. Now we’ll try yours (thanks again!)

1 Like

@Ava100 they have a very detailed website.
Says TAMUG acceptance must come first, before any decision on Maritime program.
Dig around on the website, have him try to email and contact info listed.

1 Like

Anyone know if Aggie Assurance is based on AGI or Gross Income?

@Penny_Jones
https://aggie.tamu.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/grants/aggie-assurance

I found that page, but it didn’t clarify what “Family Income” meant. I will guess it is a FAFSA in depth calculation of some sort. Thank you though!

1 Like